The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Are your TR bead locks the HD or forged version? How are they holding up? Im doing some planning for my next couple steps and really like the look of these wheels.

Mine are the HD version. They've held up very well but if you go with raw aluminum too, the key is taking them to get a clear powdercoat applied before you mount them. I took mine the very next day. I avoid driving it when they've salted or put that goddam brine shit all over the roads but I've seen other wheels the shop has done and they look just as good. Even though the rings aren't as thick as the ATX/KMC versions I've not had any issues with them holding up. I did install the ring bolts less the washers so they don't stand proud of the rings as much. Also, depending on which tires you go with, you may need the ring spacers. I needed them with the Cooper STT's. Overall, great wheel. I'd recommend for sure (y)

Looking forward to seeing your next steps too!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Mine are the HD version. They've held up very well but if you go with raw aluminum too, the key is taking them to get a clear powdercoat applied before you mount them. I took mine the very next day. I avoid driving it when they've salted or put that goddam brine shit all over the roads but I've seen other wheels the shop has done and they look just as good. Even though the rings aren't as thick as the ATX/KMC versions I've not had any issues with them holding up. I did install the ring bolts less the washers so they don't stand proud of the rings as much. Also, depending on which tires you go with, you may need the ring spacers. I needed them with the Cooper STT's. Overall, great wheel. I'd recommend for sure (y)

Looking forward to seeing your next steps too!
Thank you for your input! I see on their website they have the super finish aluminum option, is that what you chose? I am liking the idea of aluminum wheels on my black Jeep, I’m over the black on black look. Luckily out here they primarily use dirt/gravel when it snows. In parking lots they will use the brine.

I will most likely go with Trail Grapplers, I’m not sure how they will need spacers or not. We will see when these next steps are taken! Hopefully sooner than later!

Ddays

Hooked
Thank you for your input! I see on their website they have the super finish aluminum option, is that what you chose? I am liking the idea of aluminum wheels on my black Jeep, I’m over the black on black look. Luckily out here they primarily use dirt/gravel when it snows. In parking lots they will use the brine.

I will most likely go with Trail Grapplers, I’m not sure how they will need spacers or not. We will see when these next steps are taken! Hopefully sooner than later!

Yep, I got the standard superfinish aluminum. I've always been a fan of unfinished aluminum. It's gonna look badass on your black Jeep - they'll really pop. You should be ok without spacers if you go with Trail Graps. I mounted a set on my old Chamber Pros for my JL and there's a noticeable difference mounting them and the Coopers - the Coops have a much thicker and stiffer bead. They were miserable mounting on the Chamber Pros. The Nittos were a breeze.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yep, I got the standard superfinish aluminum. I've always been a fan of unfinished aluminum. It's gonna look badass on your black Jeep - they'll really pop. You should be ok without spacers if you go with Trail Graps. I mounted a set on my old Chamber Pros for my JL and there's a noticeable difference mounting them and the Coopers - the Coops have a much thicker and stiffer bead. They were miserable mounting on the Chamber Pros. The Nittos were a breeze.
Nice, I’m glad to hear that the Nittos are a breeze. Thanks, I used pictures of ResurrectionJK’s Jeep from when he had his raw aluminum Chamber Pros to convince my wife lol

Top Bottom