JK Daily Driver Project

jesse3638

Hooked
Welcome to WAL and so far it's a great looking build. I was going to go 4:88's had I stuck with 35's so I think you made the right choice. Now just don't go to 37's...haha.

Thanks! I won't hesitate! Love the green. I was too impatient to find a fun color fast enough. Wheeling seems a little more challenging in a manual but I'm up for it!

Honestly wheeling in a manual isn't too difficult. Sure you will stall at times but 4lo is really impressive as to what you can do. The biggest mistake I make is pushing in the clutch when I feel like I'm about to stall. It's instinct as that's what I've always done when driving a manual. The trick is to just hold the pedal where it's at and let the computer adjust the throttle to keep it from stalling. You push the pedal down and it stalls every time.

desertrunner

I agree 4.88s is a good choice for 35s and a manual.
I went 4.88s with my build and now on 37s I wish I had 5.13s. I even have a Rubi transfer case swapped in and I wish I had 5.13s but 4.88s do still work the wheel with 37s

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

cpefy3

I'm glad I read this thread. The gear charts would lead you to believe that with a manual transmission, 3.6, and 35s 4.56 would be the way to go. Even looks like the 4.56s would be good for 37s. Now I think I'll plan on 4.88 when the time is right.

desertrunner

I'm glad I read this thread. The gear charts would lead you to believe that with a manual transmission, 3.6, and 35s 4.56 would be the way to go. Even looks like the 4.56s would be good for 37s. Now I think I'll plan on 4.88 when the time is right.
Part of my decision was due to the fact that I was running 33s when I did the axle swap so had I already had the 37s I would have went 5.13s to start. But at the time I didn't know how long it would be before I got the 37s so 4.88s was a good compromise. But for anyone that has 37s I would recommend 5.13s. gears are partially subjective and depend on where you live and how you wheel and if it's a DD. For mine a non DD in a mountainous area yeah I would prefer the 5.13s but 4.88s do work just fine

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom