So do I piss the wife off or just keep quiet?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I admire her dedication in trying to save money, but Amazon is great for guys like me with zero attention spans. I can come in hot, get the shit bought with one-click, and be on to something else in a minute:D

I’m assuming this applies to everything except Jeeps and jeep related accessories?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
It's a good problem to have...there are far worse problems...

So true. 31 years and still going strong :thumb:

I’m assuming this applies to everything except Jeeps and jeep related accessories?

Yes, research endlessly, obsess, dream, save then finally buy.

LOL, I have to admit, some of my bigger Friday evening purchases have been lubricated by a serving or two of alcohol. Like that time I bought 5 pairs of Corral boots in one sitting..:rolleyes2:
I did get into trouble for that one even though one pair was for her..

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I dream shop in her Amazon account and put shit in her cart. She'll open up and would say...do you need this? Lol. Planting the seed!!!!

wibornz

My wife did the kinda the same thing to me. I was looking at a Warn winch. My birthday was coming up. She got on amazon, looked at winches. She bought me a Smittybilt 12,000 pound X20 winch.....waterproof, wireless controller and synthetic rope. She said it had excellent reviews....yad yad yad.... and so it did. It was not the Warn that I was looking at. So I have a Smittybilt winch. There was no way I could send it back. I just sucked it up. Thats what you do. Say thank you and move on. At the end of the day it is a couple hundred dollars.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Early in our marriage I bought my wife some jewelry. Seemed like the kind of thing a thoughtful husband would do. Well, she was gracious and thankful, but also pretty clear that it wasn’t her style and that she’d prefer to return it. So I learned a valuable lesson: let her buy her own jewelry. She seems to have reciprocated that re my Jeep parts. It comes down to the particular couple’s dynamic.

Right after I got my Jeep we went wheeling and aired down. I mentioned that I wanted an ARB compressor. She got me a smittybilt one for Christmas cause the 4 wheel parts guy said it was way better. I hate having to lug it around. Never said a word to her about it. She did get me the right tail lights (jw) for the anniversary though. Happy wife happy life

sipafz

Caught the Bug
My wife would never buy anything for the Jeep unless it were a gag like an air freshener or something. That being said, she will occasionally bring home Jeep apparel that is some sort of off brand and ends up like Brutes floral board shorts....

jesse3638

Hooked
My wife wanted to get me a CB for Christmas because it's nice to hear whats going on while on a run. She contacted a couple members here to get the info she needed. Totally surprised me with a Cobra 75. Now if I can only get the SWR down so I can use it..haha.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Early in our marriage I bought my wife some jewelry. Seemed like the kind of thing a thoughtful husband would do. Well, she was gracious and thankful, but also pretty clear that it wasn’t her style and that she’d prefer to return it. So I learned a valuable lesson: let her buy her own jewelry. She seems to have reciprocated that re my Jeep parts. It comes down to the particular couple’s dynamic.

Haha, when my wife and I were dating I bought her a promise ring for valentines. Long story short we went back and returned it on Valentine’s night. Ended up getting her a ski jacket! That’s when I knew I was going to marry her.

Top Bottom