2 Door JKR Recon VS. waiting for a JLR.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Good buy!
Oddly enough, I find my JKU to have a better seating position and to be more comfortable driving longer distances than my JLU. The two seating positions/ergonomics are night and day. I can stretch my legs out a little better in my JKU.
The JLU feels a little smaller. It's not cramped at all, just more snug.
I noticed same thing between my wife's JL an my JKU.

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
^^ Having driven my JL approx 6hrs to western PA, I can say I prefer the front seats in the JKs. I like the way the JL seats look, but imo they’re not as comfortable for long trips.

Zephyr206

Congrats! Let the build begin!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

So what's your first mod going to be?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tires or possibly a Trek Top NX glide? Color suggestions on the top? Gray, Red Pepper, Black Twill?

Tires are a definite at some point, obviously... In time I would like to do highline fenders (Mopar's, or maybe MCE... I'm open to suggestions) 35's, King O.E. 0 -2" shocks, Warn, bread locks, drive shafts, possibly an Evo leveling spring/spacer kit. I remember really liking the idea of some of JKS's high end control arms when I had the TJ.

I like the LCG & big tire setups. I really think that sort of setup, with money in the right places, can do a ton of trails and be a well mannered DD.

I'm honestly just enjoying the hell out of this thing! I would be really happy to be able to do some bucket list trails, and just keep using it as a DD. I can take my dogs to the park again and not stress out about it. Or, worry just driving down a gravel road. Just simple things like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom