Hotoil light while daily driving

mrguinness

I read the posts regarding the "Hotoil" light and still cannot seem to find the main cause. I have taken my 2007 jeepJKU to 2 dealers and none could figure out the cause. I get the hot oil just driving to work for no more than 12 minutes. Then the vehicle won't start. I have tried starting it on neutral and every other combination. Unplugged the terminals for an hour and still nothing. The only way it will start if i disconnect the TIPM and the battery terminals for at least 2 hours.
Things that got replaced:
  • Transmission cooler
  • TIPM
  • Battery
  • Verified for any leakage
and all done at the two dealers which they kept for 5 weeks and they came back with nothing. I also checked the wiring that someone mentioned in an old post and everything looked good. No damage to any wiring.

Thanks everyone

Hotoil.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Blockage in the system? Try taking the cooler out of the circuit. If the problem disappears that suggests there’s some defect in the cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrguinness

Thanks, Fiend and Brute. that's is something we did not try. I will try bypassing the cooler and if its the same. I will replace the transmission fluid. Will give an update this week

Top Bottom