LOBSTAH QUEST Part 3 : JL/JT Experience - Mabell Massachusetts

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
From what I was told, it's still tough without the rain but the extra water made things super slick. Synergy going up the side on the Gatekeeper was smart because the dirt actually offered more traction LOL.

As far as the china tires go, you just can't make that shit up. I get that influencers need to church them up and try to convince people they're good but seeing is believing - they down right SUCK when it comes to traction. This is of course nothing to say about how difficult they are to balance, how the tread cups and how quickly they wear out.

Oh yea that’s the way it is down at Rausch creek. Just the humidity in the middle of summer makes the rocks slicker than they should be most of the time.

Glad you were able to capture how bad they are I’m sure people now know, if they didn’t already, they wasted their money on some shitty tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yea that’s the way it is down at Rausch creek. Just the humidity in the middle of summer makes the rocks slicker than they should be most of the time.

Glad you were able to capture how bad they are I’m sure people now know, if they didn’t already, they wasted their money on some shitty tires

I'll bet. Was really hoping to hit Rausch Creek and was a little disappointed that it wasn't included on our trip. Cindy and I thought about sticking around a bit longer but with SEMA coming up quick, we needed to get home and get these videos done. Oh well, maybe next time. Still got in a ton of great wheeling back east.

As far as the china tires go, I can almost guarantee you that most of the people who bought them will defend them to the bitter end. It's just the way people are.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Greate video! Man you guys need some Mud Grapplers! Lol! Looks like great fun! Glad you didn’t Crack the windshield! 21:5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Ugh, I'm dyin - I was tryin to hold out and binge-watch all of these at once like a Netflix series but I don't think I can wait any longer!

wjtstudios

Hooked
So slick! It was great seeing the different approaches in the group and the different outcomes. In the end, sometimes you only option is to hit it and test how well you Jeep is really built!

Awesome video, you guys are knocking these out!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
That slickness really adds a little more challenge to an already challenging looking line! I can’t believe how poorly those mile star tires grip the rock!

Next one: 27:58

Rst8rox

Love seeing you guys wheeling on East coast trails! Tight,twisty,with trees,rock & mud oh and lots of skinny pedal!!.... yup that’s wheeling here on the northeast coast!

28:37 for pt.4

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Awesome video! Lol acorn hits the roof and that scared you guys more then the ledges. Lol. That was funny!

Steve936

I spoke to Lonnie for a bit regarding his JT....very nice truck...but ‘dem fenders...

Mel runs a tight ship on these trips...was hoping to catch up and chat after each trail, but you guys went from dirt to asphalt in one swoop...most times not even airing back up...lol

Next video, 20:01

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Greate video! Man you guys need some Mud Grapplers! Lol! Looks like great fun! Glad you didn’t Crack the windshield! 21:5

JKS was running Mud Grapplers and they were hooking up well. :yup:

Ugh, I'm dyin - I was tryin to hold out and binge-watch all of these at once like a Netflix series but I don't think I can wait any longer!

LOL - More is coming your way :crazyeyes:

So slick! It was great seeing the different approaches in the group and the different outcomes. In the end, sometimes you only option is to hit it and test how well you Jeep is really built!

Awesome video, you guys are knocking these out!

Man, it's killing us but we really have no choice. SEMA is just around the corner and we needs these to be behind us by then. The only real problem is that we did so much that it's taking a LOT of time :icon_crazy:

That slickness really adds a little more challenge to an already challenging looking line! I can’t believe how poorly those mile star tires grip the rock!

Next one: 27:58

The slickness was ridiculous. You literally have to watch your step when walking on the rocks as they're covered with moss and you'll go falling on your ass if you aren't careful.

That being said, those Milestar Patagonia tires really sucked. I hope reasonable people will see this video and realize just how poorly they did. I mean, it'd be one thing if the driver were inexperienced or was driving a lesser Jeep but nothing could be further from the truth.

Love seeing you guys wheeling on East coast trails! Tight,twisty,with trees,rock & mud oh and lots of skinny pedal!!.... yup that’s wheeling here on the northeast coast!

28:37 for pt.4

It really was a lot of fun and very different from what we're used to in the west. In the west, we have big steep lines but at least we have a lot of traction. In your neck of the woods, every little rock is a challenge LOL :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great one! It's just like being there.

Thank you my friend. Coming from you, we'll take that as a true compliment :blush:

Awesome video! Lol acorn hits the roof and that scared you guys more then the ledges. Lol. That was funny!

:cheesy: as embarrassing as that may sound, yes. :crazyeyes:

I spoke to Lonnie for a bit regarding his JT....very nice truck...but ‘dem fenders...

Mel runs a tight ship on these trips...was hoping to catch up and chat after each trail, but you guys went from dirt to asphalt in one swoop...most times not even airing back up...lol

Next video, 20:01

LOL - yep, them fenders....

If you can believe it, this was one of the more "relaxed" runs we've been on. Most of the time, the pace is a tick up or two from what you've seen. As far as airing up goes, I think a few of us never bothered to for the whole week. It would have been nice to chit chat a bit after the runs and I'm sorry we weren't able to.

Thanks again for showing us a GREAT time in your neck of the woods. :thumb:

Good to see that your windshield don’t get cracked! That wet rock was really tossing rigs all over the trail.

It literally was all we could do to point our Jeeps in the right direction and then give it skinny pedal :cheesy:

Great video. I'm wondering how many of these great videos we are going to be privileged to get. A whole video for one half of a day!

Not 100% sure, we're posting them up as we get them done though. At least 4 more I think. :crazyeyes:

That Synergy JL kicking all kinds of ass. :rock:

23:40 for part 4.

Oh yeah, Dave was... at least on this day :shock: :crazyeyes: :D

bkac

Caught the Bug
Love these videos and the way you capture what it was really like. Keep up the great work.
25:45

bkac

Caught the Bug
That poor Skyjacker JT. Looks like it was really struggling with those Milestar Patampongonias.

I was there and running the same tires. They do suck but I also think Skyjacker was way over inflated for them to even have a chance to bit. I ended up going to 5 psi after day one just to try and not embarrass myself with my tire choice. With that said others were running some higher pressures too but a much better tire. At one point I wanted to just go over to his rig and let another 15 pounds out of his tires lol.

Top Bottom