SoCal Group

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
for those that have been wanting to do Miller Jeep Trail it supposed to open May 1st.... I'll be heading there sometime the 1st - the 3rd

PokerStogey

Good deal. Pretty easy? Looks like you've got a jk hard rock.

Yeah, it’s not too bad at all... pretty good elevation increase, but more deep ruts than rocks if that makes sense. Quite a few spots you can make it a little tougher if you choose to as well. And yes sir, 2016 HR... turning out to be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

for those that have been wanting to do Miller Jeep Trail it supposed to open May 1st.... I'll be heading there sometime the 1st - the 3rd
I was wondering if it was open, the forest service website hasn't been updated in a while.
Keep us posted on when you're going. I might be able to get out for some mod week fun.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Yeah, it’s not too bad at all... pretty good elevation increase, but more deep ruts than rocks if that makes sense. Quite a few spots you can make it a little tougher if you choose to as well. And yes sir, 2016 HR... turning out to be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Super, I'm going to head over one of these days and check it out!

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
there are a few trails in the area that show closed on the web site that are actually open... I drove over Sunday to check it out, closed. Called over yesterday and got the opening date.

cooley29

New Member looking for trails

recently got a jeep and am excited to get it off road. Looking for anyone who knows of any beginner type runs or trails near the LA area (i'm located by LAX). Would be interested in some easier trails as the jeep is stock and i don't have much experience and don't want to risk to much damage to her right away. If anyone has tips or tricks to meeting some socal people who like to get out on the weekends it would be appreciated. Thanks!

TrailHunter

Hooked
recently got a jeep and am excited to get it off road. Looking for anyone who knows of any beginner type runs or trails near the LA area (i'm located by LAX). Would be interested in some easier trails as the jeep is stock and i don't have much experience and don't want to risk to much damage to her right away. If anyone has tips or tricks to meeting some socal people who like to get out on the weekends it would be appreciated. Thanks!

You should Introduce yourself and your Jeep in the "wave section".... A good beginner place close by to get your "tires dirty" is Gorman. About 45 min from LAX.... California City, Trabuco Canyon, Cleghorn, Azuza, Mojave, Johnson Valley, Big Bear to name a few.... you can download a Trail App and search near LA for "Easy Trails" ... Area's like Cleghorn you can bypass the big stuff and stick to fire roads.... Also keep an eye out on this thread. Welcome to Wayalife.

cooley29

You should Introduce yourself and your Jeep in the "wave section".... A good beginner place close by to get your "tires dirty" is Gorman. About 45 min from LAX.... California City, Trabuco Canyon, Cleghorn, Azuza, Mojave, Johnson Valley, Big Bear to name a few.... you can download a Trail App and search near LA for "Easy Trails" ... Area's like Cleghorn you can bypass the big stuff and stick to fire roads.... Also keep an eye out on this thread. Welcome to Wayalife.

Thanks for the input Trailhunter! I will head over to the wave sections for now. Look forward to getting some great advice from the board and maybe seeing some of you out there.

DINKELROC

I'm officially 30 days out from my wedding so I probably won't be getting the Jeep dirty for at least 31. Damn it!

Top Bottom