Jeep JK Wrangler Axle Breather Hose Extension

BumpyJeepBen

Breathers into snorkel with supercharger

I’ve got a 2016 JKU. Any idea if plumbing all breathers into a snorkel feeding a supercharger will cause any fluids to be “sucked up” the hoses into the SC intake? I’ve got everything plumbed this way, and I’m finding trace amounts of oil in my supercharger and intake manifold plenum. For the life of me, I can’t figure out where it’s coming from. It’s not tranny fluid - that much I know. Are there existing issues with oil in JK intake manifolds or do I need to plumb my breather hoses elsewhere?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’ve got a 2016 JKU. Any idea if plumbing all breathers into a snorkel feeding a supercharger will cause any fluids to be “sucked up” the hoses into the SC intake? I’ve got everything plumbed this way, and I’m finding trace amounts of oil in my supercharger and intake manifold plenum. For the life of me, I can’t figure out where it’s coming from. It’s not tranny fluid - that much I know. Are there existing issues with oil in JK intake manifolds or do I need to plumb my breather hoses elsewhere?

Yeah it can be diff fluid. Why on earth would you route them there? That’s asking for trouble.

Welcome to WAYALIFE.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Welcome.. I think I would start by removing the breathers you already have hooked up to snorkel and see if your still getting the residue. I'm no expert but I would imagine that a supercharger through a snorkel would pull a little harder than a non SC.

WJCO

Meme King

I would replumb them all. This idea seems bad. ARB makes a kit where they vent right to the same area with a filter. Really easy install if your breather tubes are already run up front. It's about 70 bucks.

https://www.arbusa.com/arb-air-lockers/air-locker-tools-accessories/

wjtstudios

Hooked
^^this^^

I’ve run that setup for years, one front up high above the brake booster and one in the back behind a tail light up high. No issues with a bunch of deep water crossings

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom