VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 2 - Metal Masher & Poison Spider + CODE 1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video! Glad you all discovered the shifting into manual that will be super helpful for people to know. Gorgeous views throughout!

Thanks Rachel! We need to get you and Ray out there with us again :yup:

Well son of a bitch! Lol. Nice work you guys! Glad you found a work around for the transmission.
I know Code 1 has it’s own thread but DAMN that thing is sweet!

LOL!! Yeah, it's been a real help knowing what'll address the power cut out. Code 1 was sweet to see out on the trail. :yup:

Another excellent video on another excellent trail. We’re heading down in a few weeks and metal masher is on our list...oh and this stuff should would taste better in a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses

How lucky are you to be heading out there again :thumb:

Another great video Eddie love every minute

Thank you, so glad to hear it :)

Cool video. Power cutout sounds sketchy though.

I like the interview about creation of Code 1.

The power cut out sucked! Not happy with it at all. I am glad that we found a way to address it but it can be hard to remember to go back to manual after you've had to put it in reverse to maneuver around.

Another great video to watch, it's definitely on my list to head over that way sometime! I am kind of partial to the rain and mud though. 😉

LOL!! you can have it! :icon_crazy: :crazyeyes: :D

Great vid. I’m sure as the model progresses the revving stall will be addressed and remedied (even though you figured out how to defeat it already). Funny about the tail stinger causing you to lose contact. Never thought about that.

Hopefully. Talking to the guys at Jeep that I know, they didn't seem to think it was a problem. They just reminded me that I needed to be in manual mode. Regarding the stinger, that was definitely the reason why it wouldn't be my first choice to run.

Another top notch video, if there's a way to defeat the governor function, then you'll find it.

Well, so far, shifting into manual mode does the trick. I just gotta remember to do it especially after shifting into reverse.

More inspiration to get my butt to Moab! Good to see you figured out how to avoid the power cut out, and awsome to see Code1 in action!

It'd be a drive for you I know but it'd be well worth it, I can guarantee it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
@3:40, that sound you hear is Moby in the garage laughing. :D

Great video as always!

:cheesy: I'm pretty sure I heard the laugh too :D

One of the most cinematic yet! That shot on the top on metal masher overlook was perfection. And I gotta admit I started laughing a bit when the music got all serious talking about the transmission... It was like a beloved TV character got a cancer diagnosis. 😝 Seriously though this was better than any in recent memory & now I’m convinced I’ve got to take my family out to experience it! Thank you!

LOL!! You can laugh but there was no acting there. The moment was a somber one and I was pissed.

I love the closing section. How can you not love jeeps and Moab? Better than a Jeep commercial[emoji106]

Once again, it was great having you and Michelle out there with us to make all this possible :yup:

Someday....

Nice video!

Thanks! Be great to have you out there with us :thumb:

Awesome video, as usual. Your videos were and are a huge influence on my Jeeping life. Thanks.

Thank you, we're flattered that you'd say as much :blush:

Nice job! Code 1 is really impressive in person... I bet it's awesome to watch it in action. 👍

Truth be told, as awesome as it looks, the 42's are kinda too big and not all that impressive to see in action. Of course, I'm sure that's just me.

You guys nailed it again. Seeing Code1 and learn a bit more about that build was a really nice surprise [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji7]

Glad we were able to give you a treat :)

Awesome video! Hope that trans issue is fixed before I get my JL lol
That booze holder on Code1 is genius

Well, if nothing else, so long as you keep it in manual mode while wheeling in 4LO, you should be good to go. The booze locker was awesome for sure :yup:

Great vid can’t wait for part 3!

LOL!! I promise we'll get on it as soon as we get some sleep :crazyeyes:

Great video and great jeeps. There is nothin left to say. Great job!!

LOL - Thank you

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love hearing serious Jeep people talk about a really cool build.

A bunch of really great Jeeps and Jeepers enjoying a great time. Thanks for letting us watch.

Glad that we were able to share this with you :)

Great video as expected - Love the Code 1, not sure I'll ever own a bucket that big to put on my list.

LOL!! Code 1 would need a pretty big bucket to make :crazyeyes:

Another awesome video. Glad found a solution so to speak about the transmission. And it happened in a safest spot so nobody got hurt. Remember, Shiny Side Up!! Don't need to see Turtle Mode happening.

LOL!! Indeed - keep the shiny side up for sure :crazyeyes:

Awesome video. Great feature on Code 1.

Thanks! We're glad you enjoyed the Code 1 feature.

Bad Ass. They really set the bar high with Code 1... Fun watching the Shop Talk with a Moab backdrop... [emoji1360]

We're were super glad to have been invited to join Dynatrac on their photoshoot and to do the interview with us.

Cool video and thanks for the walk around on code1! Metal masher is one trail I have yet to run but want to.

Make sure to come out with us next time around and we'll run it :thumb:

I think it is nice to watch Jeep videos with a good mix of trail, nature and music. Watching the few trail mishaps was interesting, since I have had the same issues, and its an opportunity to learn from.

Do you mean you have a JL and had the power cut out?

Another fantastic video! You guys are so good at showcasing the scenery as well as the jeeps!

Thank you, we really appreciate it :)

As my Jeep sits in the driveway with a control arm dangling underneath attached with zip ties, I watched this video and couldn’t stop smiling. It makes me realize that even with minor set backs like this, getting out in my Jeep and being with friends has become my new passion. It’s the wayalife videos that shaped my vision of what it all could be like and this one for some reason takes me right back to when I was only wishing I had a Jeep. It never gets old and always feels new. It’s definitely more than just a Jeep. It’s a wayalife.

Awesome - thank you :)

Great Part Two of the series...slickrock, which really is a misnomer since it usually offers great traction, really becomes slick when it's wet and muddy, & your tires are wet also...

I've always opted for manual shifting in both the Brute & JK6 when in 4lo in order to control rpms...especially during hill climbs. Apparently in the JL it is a prerequisite...have you had any feedback from your Jeep contacts in regard to both yours & Tonys experience with the throttle glitch?

Lastly, Code 1 is an outstanding rig...I absolutely love what they've done to the body and top...

From what I've been told, it's a rev limiter that's kicking in and the way to mitigate it is to be in M-Gate or manual mode.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. I wonder if any of the tuning companies will try and make a program to fix the issue. CODE1 is a beast. Thank you for sharing with us.

That would be awesome if someone can come out with something to eliminate the power cut out problem. When you're going from reverse and back to drive to re-position yourself, it can be hard to remember to shift back in the manual mode.

odd, video won't play for me in wayalife but it does on jlwrangler - same browser :idontknow:

Really?? That is odd for sure. Glad that you were able to watch the video somewhere though.

Awesome video guys! I liked the whole thing and seeing Code 1 was cool too!

Thank you, so glad you liked it :cool:

A thought on the cutoff......being that in manual it doesn't do it wouldn't that come from torque protection of sorts in full auto mode. (In that case paddles should be on the steering wheel to keep both hands on the wheel when climbing etc.) If there is a governor or protection maybe it can be turned off with a little software tinkering......:thinking::thinking:

It's a solid thought and hopefully, it's something that someone can figure out with a programmer. I know that Jeep has no intentions of address it being that they say you should be in manual mode.

Great video. Thanks Eddie. Always great when the wife can get you over the obstacle. "Well son of a bitch".
When is the CODE 1 giveaway?

:cheesy: Yeah, rub it in why don't ya :crazyeyes: :D

Awesome video! I really enjoyed the interview at the end. Looking forward to part 3.

Awesome, glad to hear it :)

Looks like everyone had a blast!! Can't wait to get there myself!!

It really is a must even if it's just once. :yup:

Just Copy and Pasting from my YouTube comment.....

"Gotta admit... Cindy cleaning up when you were Stuck was pretty Cool! She seemed pretty Humble...
Nice to know in the Future if Stuck, you have the Tow Strap, the Winch, and when really Stuck.... Cindy! "

PS Awesome Video again... Really looking forward the next one! :)

PS PS There was a Video of the JL going to Neutral when it was parked super close to another Vehicle
(Collision Avoidance System? ), and the only way they could move it was to put it in Low? Wondering if at
the Angles you were at if the System detected the Rocks as a Threat! :)

:cheesy: Oh yeah, Cindy is handy to have around for the toughest stuff :D

Crazy about the CAS :icon_crazy:

Another awesome video! :thumb:

Thank you :)

Another great video showing us the ability of another great chapter in Jeep history. Thank you for doing these videos, they really help me experience the new JL before I order mine with the diesel. I have revised my build sheet so many times, seeing what works and what could be done differently. Great to see Dynatrac’s Code 1 up close. Figuring out the manual mode should help everyone avoid what could lead to a catastrophic issue, thanks👍.

That was our biggest hope with making this video - to show others what can happen and how to prevent it. :yup:

benatc1

Hooked
Really enjoyed part 2, looked like that red rock got a lot slicker when wet. Also glad you figured out the manual shift solution. Great video as always and enjoyed seeing the Code1 bonus look at the end. Looking fwd to the next video

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bruduc

Behind every man there's a woman, thanks Cindy to show some humility in that world, she's the man 😂 awesome video one's again 👍

KICKROX

My Bar at home could use some Wayalife shot glasses... oh, and as always.. great video ;) I do hope that Jeep has a fix for that issue.. hopefully as simple as updating/flashing or something like that since it seems to work in manual mode. Cheers! :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really enjoyed part 2, looked like that red rock got a lot slicker when wet. Also glad you figured out the manual shift solution. Great video as always and enjoyed seeing the Code1 bonus look at the end. Looking fwd to the next video

Being went and with the mud/sand getting stuck in the tread did make things slicker. Glad you enjoyed the video. We need to get you out there with us :yup:

Great video as always! Love the interview about Code 1 [emoji106]

Glad you enjoyed the video and the interview.

Behind every man there's a woman, thanks Cindy to show some humility in that world, she's the man 😂 awesome video one's again 👍

:cheesy: Thanks

My Bar at home could use some Wayalife shot glasses... oh, and as always.. great video ;) I do hope that Jeep has a fix for that issue.. hopefully as simple as updating/flashing or something like that since it seems to work in manual mode. Cheers! :beer:

Sure would be nice if Jeep addressed this problem.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Another excellent video. It shoots my theory the JL is mostly a cosmetic upgrade to the JK right in the ass.
I keep imagining a Jeep engineer gettin a cold one from the fridge and sitting down to watch part 2 and sees the transmission get confused mid-climb. :doh: Hope they fix that one fast.

benatc1

Hooked
Being went and with the mud/sand getting stuck in the tread did make things slicker. Glad you enjoyed the video. We need to get you out there with us :yup:

Glad you enjoyed the video and the interview.

:cheesy: Thanks

Sure would be nice if Jeep addressed this problem.

Your telling me! Maybe it’s the videos or the time of year but Moab is on top of my list right now!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

avstec

Once again a great vidso as always. The more i see of the JL there more i want one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Moab 2

Great video - not just a "Wayolife", but really as always a "Joyolife" - great scenery, great driving, great discussion. This "Georgia Jeeper" would love to get out there some day!!!:thumb:

sunnysideup

The good news is the trail wasn't dusty! And the colors in the video were pretty amazing.... I will be running those trails on my trip at the end of the may! Hope we can catch some color like that!

Top Bottom