Wines of the Week

CalSgt

Hooked
My collection ebbs and flows throughout the year. I started to build a couple of verticals of a cab from Paso and some chateauneuf du pape, which is taking up bottle space now. My previous set up also maxed out at 20 whites/roses/champagne at any given time. I think I’m all set now and don’t plan to add any more. 🤪🍷🍷

Same... I have a handful of stuff I've squirreled away in the fridges but most of the rest ends up getting near depleted before I go get more. Every time we buy we end up with cases staked off to the sides of the wine racks but still manage to drink more than we save.

Andy5160

Hooked
If you ever have the chance and are visiting Florence Italy, you need to eat at Enoteca Pinchiorri. They will (or they used to) allow you to visit their cellar…amongst the most incredible wine cellars on the planet.

Speaking of verticals, they have the most comprehensive vertical of my most favorite wine…La Tache, from Burgundy. It starts in the ‘50’s, to the present day (I was there about 8 years ago)…cases of each year, in their original wooden boxes…it also included large format bottles of each year as well…that vertical alone was worth my lakefront home on Lake Washington. Of course the rest of the cellar has every incredible wine from all over the planet …
I second that motion!!! What a place. I had a private tour in their cellar for like an hour( made friends with the wine steward) he showed and explained so much but I could not remember all of it. Been continuously swapping wine😂
Some pictures I found on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_4679.jpeg
    IMG_4679.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4675.jpeg
    IMG_4675.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4664.jpeg
    IMG_4664.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4662.jpeg
    IMG_4662.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4657.jpeg
    IMG_4657.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4661.jpeg
    IMG_4661.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4652.jpeg
    IMG_4652.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 7

Brute

Hooked
I second that motion!!! What a place. I had a private tour in their cellar for like an hour( made friends with the wine steward) he showed and explained so much but I could not remember all of it. Been continuously swapping wine😂
Some pictures I found on my phone.
That large format La Tache…you could buy a car for the price of that bottle…and I still have a couple bottles of Masseto

Brute

Hooked
IMG_3310.jpeg

Next to last bottle of Madame Francoise Beaumont’s incredible burgundy…we bought several cases from her when we visited with a friend that lives in Dijon…she baked fresh thyme gougeres for us…I have a picture of us (our daughters weren’t even teens then) standing in her vineyard holding glasses of her wine with her…

She passed on a few years ago…it was a good memory…

Brute

Hooked
It’s 1pm here. Where is it dark that ur already drinking? lol. And yes, du Pape is great. I’ve got nothing like the one you shared, but have a couple I’m laying down for a while that should age well.
We had it last night with steak au poivre...it gets dark up here in the PNW around 5 pm; but I don't need an excuse to wait till then...perks of retirement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom