Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

Matt_TX_NY

Thanks! Also just subscribed to this thread so I can monitor via email in case anything changes, thanks!

I would think campground B is where everyone will be in the am. That's where were camping, just follow park road up past the RV park and we'll be on the left after the long hill. :yep:

Exodus 4x4

I'm down to assist. Or at least watch. I haven't trimmed mine yet either.

Edit: anyone bringing anything that can power a 900 watt coffee maker? I'll share... the inverter in the jeep is only good for 150 watts...

I have a campsite with electricity you can use.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I ended up having to go on last min business travel. Won't be able to leave/return until tomorrow morning. Sorry for the last min change guys. Have fun and be safe.

drafh

Hey guys, I'm leaving the DFW area and heading to Marble Falls. Everyone please travel safely. I look forward to meeting, laughing, and wheeling with y'all. See you in a few hours.

BobbyGTX

Are the Houston people still meeting up? And safe trip to everyone looking forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:

Matt_TX_NY

Space Station viewing Friday night

For those out and about tonight, the space station will be visible and passing overhead tonight from the Southwest and exiting view to the Northeast and visible for 6 minutes. If you haven't seen it, it basically looks like a very bright star that moves quickly.

Time: Fri Oct 02 8:01 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 60 degrees, Appears: SSW, Disappears: NE

You can sign up for alerts with Nasa based on your location which is how I find out about it and just got an alert. It usually happens one or two times a month so its a good opportunity tonight.
http://spotthestation.nasa.gov

-Matt

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
For those out and about tonight, the space station will be visible and passing overhead tonight from the Southwest and exiting view to the Northeast and visible for 6 minutes. If you haven't seen it, it basically looks like a very bright star that moves quickly.

Time: Fri Oct 02 8:01 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 60 degrees, Appears: SSW, Disappears: NE

You can sign up for alerts with Nasa based on your location which is how I find out about it and just got an alert. It usually happens one or two times a month so its a good opportunity tonight.

-Matt

This will be cool. I'll make a note to check it out tonighy at camp.

Also, I have $10 for anyone who brings 2 extra "turtles" for dinner Saturday night. I'm excited to try it and I'm sure after a day of eating cold cuts, it'll be delicious!

Kumar

-Matt

Cool, we may be able to make a run up tower to view it if everyone gets their camp set up.

Jackal01

Are the Houston people still meeting up? And safe trip to everyone looking forward to meeting everyone!

Also for all the Houston people that are convoying...does 1230pm Bucees at Mueschke and 290 work? Depart at 1pm. Meet tdougherty in Brenham along the way?

See above.

We are also meeting Tom (tdougherty) at the Brenham HEB right off 290 at whatever time we arrive there after leaving at 1pm from Bucees.

Zstairlessone

Heading south out of Marble Falls on 281 - keeping an eye out for those heading up from the south. In a work truck not the Jeep :(

Top Bottom