Trails that are 1.5 Hours or Less from Your Home

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Sure, I'd love to. I'll work on installing a cb before then. The rest of the mods will be waiting until Black Friday sales👍👍

Trail JK

Here are a few local trails I could dig up pics on mostly in the old jeep.

Cleghorn Ridge Trail 26 min (23 mi) The trail has a beautiful overlook of Silverwood lake.

IMG_0428.JPG

Dishpan Springs 1hr 15 min (37mi) Nice trail, can be challenging in a smaller jeep.

Image1515486614.479291.jpg

Cougar Buttes 1hr 23min (71 mi) Piles of rocks. Wasn’t able to find an old pic with the jeep but here is a pic I found of the landscape.

IMG_0438.JPG

Achy-Breaky 1hr 26 min (73 mi) This was my first run with Wayalife several years back. Still pretty much stock other than a bummer. Nice views from the top of the ridge.

IMG_0432.JPG

North Coyote Canyon 1hr 42min (79 mi) slightly over the 1.5 hour mark from my house. Fairly easy trail nice exploring.

IMG_0437.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My favorite local mall is the Rattlesnake-Constrictor loop. 3.0 miles in total length and 42 miles from home, takes me just barely under an hour to get there. Fun for all rigs and close to civilization. best part is it rarely sees more than a couple feet of snow all year so it’s usually doable year round.
IMG_2850.JPG

Oreo_penguin536

The trail my wife and I like to do is about a 5 minute drive from the house- roughly 4.5 miles. We just call it The Loop. It’s off of south Peavine from the round about trail head. Trail distance I’d say is about 6 miles.
Okay for stock vehicles and has greats views of Reno/sparks area. Difficult sections can be bypassed.

BE CAREFUL OF WET CONDITIONS:
If it is raining or wet I dont recommend this trail without a at-least a winch and/or a back up recovery vehicle. The dirt turns to clay and has stopped rigs on 35x13.5 size tires in a heartbeat. Apart from seeing people almost slide off the mountain from hills and the off camber corners, 90% of the recoveries I’ve done have been in that area all of which has been in or shortly after rain.

Be careful and have fun:)

IMG_1258.JPG

Brute

Hooked
The trail my wife and I like to do is about a 5 minute drive from the house- roughly 4.5 miles. We just call it The Loop. It’s off of south Peavine from the round about trail head. Trail distance I’d say is about 6 miles.
Okay for stock vehicles and has greats views of Reno/sparks area. Difficult sections can be bypassed.

BE CAREFUL OF WET CONDITIONS:
If it is raining or wet I dont recommend this trail without a at-least a winch and/or a back up recovery vehicle. The dirt turns to clay and has stopped rigs on 35x13.5 size tires in a heartbeat. Apart from seeing people almost slide off the mountain from hills and the off camber corners, 90% of the recoveries I’ve done have been in that area all of which has been in or shortly after rain.

Be careful and have fun:)

View attachment 316329

Did you put a winch on your YJ?...

Top Bottom