Black Rubicon (Tucker) Build

Decided to make a tramp stamp and leave the spare in the garage. I'll bring the spare when I go on the trails.

Here is some aluminum treadplate I got from works scrap bin.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439646256.279687.jpg

Here it is on Tucker! Left room to move the license plate.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439646343.428833.jpg
I plastic dipped it. Still need to spray the bolts are replace with black bolts.

Last edited:
What Next?

Ok, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm getting the gussets installed this coming weekend. Any ideas of what I should be saving up for next? Looking for more function than looks. I'll list some background first so everyone knows my intent:

This is my daily driver.
I only plan on wheeling a few times a year, many backroads in-between the park trips.
Don't plan on any night trails but might want to upgrade some lights for getting off the trails at sunset.
Enjoy rocks more than mud.
Might bump up to 37's once these tires wear out (Which I know I would need a better front axle, PR44).
Would like to get some good rock sliders.
Need new front brake lines. Don't like the idea of bending factory hard lines.

I'm more or less wanting ideas of what would be the best mod/item at this point in the build process.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ok, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm getting the gussets installed this coming weekend. Any ideas of what I should be saving up for next? Looking for more function than looks. I'll list some background first so everyone knows my intent:

This is my daily driver.
I only plan on wheeling a few times a year, many backroads in-between the park trips.
Don't plan on any night trails but might want to upgrade some lights for getting off the trails at sunset.
Enjoy rocks more than mud.
Might bump up to 37's once these tires wear out (Which I know I would need a better front axle, PR44).
Would like to get some good rock sliders.
Need new front brake lines. Don't like the idea of bending factory hard lines.

I'm more or less wanting ideas of what would be the best mod/item at this point in the build process.

Do you have any armor? Bumpers/Sliders etc is what I'd do next.

Jgarch

I put on an Evo crossmember plate. I'm glad I did. After a full day on rocks, it left proof that it was a good investment... And reasonably priced.

Jgarch

You have a picture of it installed?

Not the best quality picture, but good enough. What i like about this one is that it has vents that don't trap heat in from the exhaust and make it easier to clean out. It also covers the exhaust loop.

I also have the oil pan covered with an evo plate. They have a nice package that also covers the tranny, however, I opted not to cover my manual transmission as I feel it suits high enough to be out of the way for the type of wheeling I do.

Attachments

• 1441110963814.jpg
    1441110963814.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 267
Not the best quality picture, but good enough. What i like about this one is that it has vents that don't trap heat in from the exhaust and make it easier to clean out. It also covers the exhaust loop.

I also have the oil pan covered with an evo plate. They have a nice package that also covers the tranny, however, I opted not to cover my manual transmission as I feel it suits high enough to be out of the way for the type of wheeling I do.

Thanks for adding the picture. I'll check into getting one when funds free up. You see any cons to adding this plate (other than weight)?

Jgarch

Thanks for adding the picture. I'll check into getting one when funds free up. You see any cons to adding this plate (other than weight)?

I don't have anything to add to that list of cons. I didn't notice any gas mileage decrease due to the addition. It was easy to install and did it's job well when I had it out.

List price for that piece is $179. You should be able to pick it up for about $10 less or better and free shipping. Or, there may be a bundled discount if you're interested in the other 2 skids and buying it as a set. I felt it was a very reasonable investment.

Front Camera

Added a front camera over the weekend. Wired into my rear view mirror. The backup camera comes on automatically when you go in reverse. The front camera has to be manually turned on/off. I chose to install with heavy duty magnet so I can move it, if this location doesn't work out. It's stuck to the bottom side of the "chin". I realize at some point it will get ripped off by a rock but for only $17 it was worth seeing how long that takes.

IMG_6081.jpg IMG_6080.jpg

Rubicon Rock Sliders

Found a set of Factory Rubicon Rock Sliders. Figure it was better protection than the tube steps the previous owner had installed.

IMG_6083.jpg

Saharacon

Why the camera exactly. I've seen cameras installed before to act as a self spotting system but. With just 1 camera I see no advantage.

I'm just curious as to why sorry if I sound like a dick. Haven't had my brews yet :beer:

Why the camera exactly. I've seen cameras installed before to act as a self spotting system but. With just 1 camera I see no advantage.

I'm just curious as to why sorry if I sound like a dick. Haven't had my brews yet :beer:

Haha, not a dick at all. Great question. I already had the mirror/monitor installed. I have a backup camera at the rear. The mirror has a extra input so I thought I would spend an extra $15 and get a forward camera.

Top Bottom