Auto or Manual

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The Cummins with the manual is detuned significantly to make the trans live. In a 2500 the only auto is the 68RFE which is plenty strong if you leave it stock. In the 3500 you can get the Aisin trans as an option and the engine is actually higher output with the aisin. The aisin the just as strong if not stronger than the Allison. They are very similar transmission designs actually.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn it. Detuned is a bad word.

benatc1

Hooked
(I realize this isn’t a truck forum) but is it more of a clutch issue with the new manual rather than an actual internal transmission issue? I know the newer trucks put out so much more power than ever before. And who wants to drive a detuned diesel??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I would have said manual all the way until I had shoulder surgery the first of the year and had to drive my F-150 for the last two months while my jeep sat in the shop!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So, what's wrong with the F250 you have now?

A couple things.

Its been rolling white smoke under load like a smoke screen behind Kit in the tv show. I think something is ready to let loose.

Random issues lately, glow plugs, sensors etc.

Also, I sold it to Carmax the other day. Some other sucker can deal with that lemon when it finally blows up .:idontknow:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
A couple things.

Its been rolling white smoke under load like a smoke screen behind Kit in the tv show. I think something is ready to let loose.

Random issues lately, glow plugs, sensors etc.

Also, I sold it to Carmax the other day. Some other sucker can deal with that lemon when it finally blows up .:idontknow:

Poor sap.

See if you can find a two for one deal. But I’ll take a new power stroke or a 7.3.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Poor sap.

See if you can find a two for one deal. But I’ll take a new power stroke or a 7.3.

7.3 was a great motor, it sounded good but didn’t the power like the new trucks. Every ford truck I have owned has fucked me on maintenance issues.

I like the new 6.7 but I don’t want to spend 4K to take the cab off for simple motor work. Fuck that

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
7.3 was a great motor, it sounded good but didn’t the power like the new trucks. Every ford truck I have owned has fucked me on maintenance issues.

I like the new 6.7 but I don’t want to spend 4K to take the cab off for simple motor work. Fuck that

Four door long bed obs. [emoji533][emoji97]

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The Cummins with the manual is detuned significantly to make the trans live. In a 2500 the only auto is the 68RFE which is plenty strong if you leave it stock. In the 3500 you can get the Aisin trans as an option and the engine is actually higher output with the aisin. The aisin the just as strong if not stronger than the Allison. They are very similar transmission designs actually.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks again for the info. I'm picking up a 2018 Ram 3500 with the Aisin next weekend. :clap2::rock:

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks again for the info. I'm picking up a 2018 Ram 3500 with the Aisin next weekend. :clap2::rock:
Nice you'll love it. Single or dual rear wheel? Although we just put ours into the shop for some transmission warranty work. Hopefully it's just an isolated incident. It is a 2500 and not sure which trams it has.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Nice you'll love it. Single or dual rear wheel? Although we just put ours into the shop for some transmission warranty work. Hopefully it's just an isolated incident. It is a 2500 and not sure which trams it has.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went with the single rear. It’s a crew cab long bed 4WD. If it’s a 2500, you have the 68RFE transmission.

Top Bottom