What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
That is odd and your rig isn't that old

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, something happened during my last wheeling trip (lots of mud and the fan def was running while submerged from the mud spatter on the hood).

Negatives are I have 37s w/ 3.73s, 2 8" lights in front of the grille, and the enormous winch control box mounted to the grille.

BUT, The thing is, i towed a 2700# camper 3 hours on a 90+ degree day without it running hot prior to that trip.

black pearl

Hooked
Yeah, something happened during my last wheeling trip (lots of mud and the fan def was running while submerged from the mud spatter on the hood).

Negatives are I have 37s w/ 3.73s, 2 8" lights in front of the grille, and the enormous winch control box mounted to the grille.

BUT, The thing is, i towed a 2700# camper 3 hours on a 90+ degree day without it running hot prior to that trip.

Its got to be something silly like a malfunctioning thermostat ... I know I've had some weird stuff happen with cars and trucks in the past and after replacing a bunch of things I find some stupid over looked part causing the issue so now I start small and look everything over really good and take my time... hope it's a easy fix

sunnysideup

Intake manifold is starting to constantly dribble antifreeze down front of engine. Radiator has a small leak near top. Power steering box leaking and a little loose, engine sounds like timing chain is rattleing, anti -lock brakes... chatter when you press on brakes (moving or not), transmission lines near front have started leaking at the flanges again (third time). Other than that- it's all good lol. I hate winter, all of this happens and you can't hear it or see it because defroster is blowing and underside is covered in frozen slush... all of a sudden it dries out and warms up... and you become aware that you have tons of repairs to do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Havoc40

Mine is in need of some TLC as well. Hate winter. This week I'm replacing a leaky thermostat housing and radiator on my 14. Also need to rebuild my coilovers (waiting til spring for that).

xxJWPxx

I had the dash gremlins. Instrument panel going crazy, headlights and radio turning on and off. Un-did and re-did all my connections to my battery and made sure the terminals were secure this morning.

JRUnlimited

Cracked exhaust manifold (passenger side). Going to replace it myself as its not a terribly complicated job. Just looks like a tight squeeze getting in there. Already have the new manifold and painted it with VHT high temp ceramic paint to maybe make the manifold a little more durable. $10 experiment at least.

Flat Top

I've had an annoying brake squeal that I've been trying to track down for a few months. Finally pulled the front wheels and added anti-seize to the inside of the glide clips and Presto! no squeal.

I've been doing my own brakes now for a while and never used anything on the glide clips (I know :rolleyes2:).

+1 for tips leaned from WAL (Eddie's Pro Grip Install Video)

giphy.gif

Top Bottom