Anyone towing with a 1/2 ton?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Last year I moved from SC to WA and towed my JKU. I was just around 9K lbs. I have a 2013 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3L. The truck did better than I thought but struggled big time on big hill climbs and I had my trailer brakes cranked all the way up for the trip down. I made the 2500 mile trip but I would have definitely preferred using my 7.3 or 6.0 PSD I used to have. Since then I've towed a couple other vehicles and didn't have too much of a problem. But I wasn't loaded down with household goods either. I think you will be ok as long as you take it easy. Also look into Timbren bump stops. Cheaper than air bags and they made a huge difference.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Update: I’ve decided not to go this route unless just around town. Down in the desert I recently towed a jku and it did well, but hooked up to a 7k trailer here at home in the mountains and high elevation and the truck did not like it at all. Actually stopped really well and even better with trailer brakes. But at this point I’ll just plan on driving the jeep everywhere and for big trips get someone with a diesel to go and tow the jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom