I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

bigtrucker52

Thanks! No, no wheel spacers. I've considered it, but haven't made a final decision. I did rub on that air dam thing under the front bumper a little bit in my first off the pavement excursion and front disconnected. My plan is to make front and rear bumpers at home, so I'm not worried about the rubbing right now.

Thanks bigtrucker!

No problem!

USMC Wrangler

Awesome to see a fellow Texan/Wayalife/BigBend visitor. Talk about a trifecta:beer:

:beer: back at ya! I see tons of Jeeps in the Brewster Co. area but only remember seeing one with the WAL windshield banner. Actually that was the one that helped me find the site. :thumb:

USMC Wrangler

Homemade trail doors...DONE!

I finished these up the other day. I am already itching for the next project, but it has to wait for now. I was told today I should hear something on the job transfer in the next couple weeks. If I don' t get it, I'll probably dive in on a rear bumper. If I DO get it, that will have to wait until the move is done.

The only thing I may do, (depending on if I get complaints in the hot sun from passengers), is add padding to the top bars. I am also still considering making some screens to have on standby in case I get those complaints too. I'm 100% happy running them just the way they are now, even in the heat.

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Brown Santa arrived on time. I just need time to install the goodies. Pics to follow...

Also, I am working on the plans for my next bit of work...skids and c gussets. I currently have the following in my "Wishlist" at NR4x4...

- EVO Manufacturing Pentastar Oil Pan Skid - 1091B - Ordered on 7/10/15

- EVO Manufacturing JK 2012-15 ProTek 3.6L Automatic Transmission Skid plate - 1092B

- EVO Manufacturing JK Evo C2 Axle Gussets & Control Arm Skids - 1075 - Ordered on 7/10/15

- EVO Manufacturing JK Evo Rear Lower Control Arm Skids - 1039 - Ordered on 7/10/15

I am still :mad: waiting to hear on the job transfer, so my DIY front and rear bumper projects are on hold until I hear one way or the other.

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Thanks jango! :beer: I am pretty pleased with them. Now, if it wasn't 110 degrees everyday...:doh: I suspect I'll have more shots with the DIY doors on sometime starting in October. sheesh :grayno:

USMC Wrangler

So this is how the Jeep looked this morning...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435172648.208902.jpg

This is after adding TruckLite's, clear turn signal markers and LED replacement fog bulbs.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435172858.374489.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435172884.033133.jpg

The driver's side TL was wobbly just a little, so I layered some electrical tape to offset it. I used painters tape on my garage door to mark where the factory lights hit. I will properly check the aim tonight, but the TL's hit the garage door in the same spot as the stockers.

The fog light bulbs I used are at the link below. I used my utility knife to shave off three little tabs that were misaligned. I haven't seen these in the dark yet but I think they are a good color match to the TL's.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8ZNJ2Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

There was a discussion about these and other LED bulbs "throwing light everywhere". Last night I looked at my stock bulbs and they seemed to do the same, at least to my eye. I'm no expert but I'm happy with the end result.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?27913-Anyone-run-these-LED-quot-fog-quot-bulbs-with-TL-s

Oh! I finally put on my olive green windshield banner. I like it a lot! I haven't seen the olive on any white rigs yet, so I volunteered to be the lab rat with this color combo.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435173392.425175.jpg

Several of my rear window decals were looking pretty bad, so those got cleaned up too...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435173481.911209.jpg

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Ok, honestly, I guess my expectation was that they'd look more like the even spread of my 2013 Explorer's projection lights. But, I admit the light is leaps and bounds better than stock! What it boils down to is that I just need to get used to the "hotspot" on the low setting. The fogs are a close match to the TL's, but not exact from what I see. They do give off very little usable light but still happy with the overall change!

Here are some night shots..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435202274.774494.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435202293.014355.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435202327.134376.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435202348.903852.jpg

USMC Wrangler

The family and I are heading tomorrow to explore Big Bench Ranch State Park. So the Viair 400P and Hi-Lift Handle All kit arrived just in time!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435878977.019138.jpg

Top Bottom