Deal or no deal?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

JKbrick

I can do it, but you wouldn’t have power windows and door locks, stupid shit like that. The swap would probably cost a little more but it would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Then it’s a trailer queen, if you live in a state that smog tests them, right?

That’s what I was thinking as in build your own harness and have engine monitoring gauges but no digital dash or all the other things you don’t need

Exodus 4x4

Then it’s a trailer queen, if you live in a state that smog tests them, right?

Gray area. Say you have a 2015 JKU and did this. So long as they engine in it meets the same or better emissions as the engine that was originally designed and produced for that vehicle, then I believe it doesn’t matter. That’s the straight forward answer and the most logical. Does this apply in California? I’m about 99% sure it does not because you know, the atmosphere can tell the difference between the engine that was in it before and the one that’s in it now.

jesse3638

Hooked
Gray area. Say you have a 2015 JKU and did this. So long as they engine in it meets the same or better emissions as the engine that was originally designed and produced for that vehicle, then I believe it doesn’t matter. That’s the straight forward answer and the most logical. Does this apply in California? I’m about 99% sure it does not because you know, the atmosphere can tell the difference between the engine that was in it before and the one that’s in it now.

You are correct in your thought process CARB is stupid.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja

In Nevada, emissions requirement vary substantially by county. Eddie and I live about 20 minutes away from each other but in two different counties. In my county, getting engine swaps (of any kind) approved is hit and miss and that includes Motech swaps. I don’t think you could get a stand alone setup approved here.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

In Nevada, emissions requirement vary substantially by county. Eddie and I live about 20 minutes away from each other but in two different counties. In my county, getting engine swaps (of any kind) approved is hit and miss and that includes Motech swaps. I don’t think you could get a stand alone setup approved here.

Its not different here, or at least it’s suppose to be similar. It really all depends on what county you’re in and the guy doing the inspection. For the $7.50 they charge you either get a guy that doesn’t give a shit or a hero that loves his job. It’s pretty ridiculous too considering you can actually improve the emissions of the vehicle with an engine swap.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

Same here in New Mexico. My in-laws live about 25 minutes from me and in their county they do not have emissions testing requirements at all. We have to do it every two years on vehicles registered in ours.

Top Bottom