4.88s with 40s and 4:1 tcase

KevinG

Caught the Bug
yeah theres no way in hell id run with no rear sway. not even considering the anti rock. i air down to around 8 psi on trails which takes most of the impact, its mainly just coming off of ledges or crossing rock garden type terrain that it gets to the point of jarring side to side, not uncommon in moab and colorado where we usually go every year. not sure if youve ever ran top of the world, but that trail is the perfect representation of the trails we like to do. not difficult by any means but being on it for hours gets tiring in the neck and back (atleast in my experience). who knows, maybe im just going too slow..

I have been down there a few times. We are hoping to swing a trip down there again soon
My wife hates the jarring ride too, but we have been going out quite a bit in an area about 45 mins from our house, which happens to be where I think they filmed the first leg of the 2014 JKX. I'd like to think she just likes spending time with me, but I think getting everything dialed in makes me more tolerable to her.

Braxtonsag

I have been down there a few times. We are hoping to swing a trip down there again soon
My wife hates the jarring ride too, but we have been going out quite a bit in an area about 45 mins from our house, which happens to be where I think they filmed the first leg of the 2014 JKX. I'd like to think she just likes spending time with me, but I think getting everything dialed in makes me more tolerable to her.

Yep that’s what I’m working towards myself. If I can gain an extra hour out on the trails anything is worth it.

OP, do you have a 5 point harness system? I am kicking around the idea of harnesses to make it more comfortable for my passengers and I...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked
OP, do you have a 5 point harness system? I am kicking around the idea of harnesses to make it more comfortable for my passengers and I...

5 point harness will not make it more comfortable...just the opposite. It will make it more safe in the event of a flop or roll over...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
5 point harness will not make it more comfortable...just the opposite. It will make it more safe in the event of a flop or roll over...

Yeah no kidding. Where are the days with no seatbelts. That is the most comfortable.

Ddays

Hooked
^^ This. And I wouldn't worry about the 5th belt (crotch belt) for low speed stuff. The other belts are constricting enough.

Hmm, yea never used em... the last time I was teetering nose down with my back wheel in the air, straddling Devils Crack, I was wishing that I felt a little more strapped in, instead of flopping around...might have to try a buddy’s before actually purchasing a harness system though...I guess ‘comfort’ is the subjective term here though [emoji38]

Last edited:

Braxtonsag

Yeah I have no need for a harness lol. Iv ran them in a few of my old built cars and they’re a pain in the ass. I cherish my oem retracting seatbelt

Top Bottom