SPOTTED: Any 4X4 other than a Jeep JK/JL Wrangler

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Spotted this interesting Jeep today. Looked like a YJ with a body kit with round headlights and some weird ass hood. One of a kind to say the least. "Urban Survival Options" = USO

image-2800067303.jpg

image-2816844209.jpg

aldaman

Parked next to a classic.....:D

IMAG1662.jpg

IMAG1664.jpg

IMAG1663.jpg

¥

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had already posted these up in our SEMA forum but, they were too good to not add to this collection as well :D

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

GCM 2

The technology of an AIR powered vehicle, would you own one? Okay, it's not a 4x4 but it is an OHV! It's as clean as it gets for the greenies.

"If you haven't already accepted that motorcycles running on something other than dead dino juice are the real deal, then you probably should come around. In many cases, they perform just as well as their fuel-burning brethren, and, depending on from where you get the electricity, they run cleanly. Now, they are getting even cleaner with the introduction of the air-powered bike.

The O2 Pursuit, a project from an engineering school graduate in Australia, runs off compressed air stored in an on-board tank. Dean Benstead's project began with a rotary air compression engine, around which he built a dirt bike. He started with a Yamaha WR250R frame, and added a scuba-diving tank and a 25-pound engine to power the rear wheel. Squeeze the throttle and air is released to accelerate the bike. And its stats are impressive. The O2 Pursuit gets 62 miles of travel on a full tank, and can hit a top speed of 87 mph.

Air beats electric both for convenience and environmental kindness. There is no battery to dispose of when the cells eventually break down, filling up with air takes two minutes rather than hours required for charging, and it can be stored in an inert state forever. And while the air-powered car is little more than a four-wheeled scam we’ve been hearing about for decades, the low weight of a bike is perfectly suited for the application."

"When the air comes out, its in the same state as when you compressed it" Benstead said. "You haven't technically used anything"

Attachments

• image-3647478894.jpg
    image-3647478894.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,256
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I was thinking the same. Here is the link to the article from Wired.com. There is a very weak :crazyeyes: video embedded in the page. I think they need to hire Wayalife Productions to capture some action for them.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/11/air-motorcycle/

that is pretty cool. hard to believe that it really can get 62 miles out of a tank. i have to wonder how long it would last on the trails we have out west like in desert hills or the mountains. i mean, i would have to think that would require more power/torque to move in those conditions and suck... or, should i say "blow" more power. also, would you really have the same amount of power from a full to empty tank? i somehow think not. i think they need to send me one for more testing :D

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Was looking through some old pics and found a pic of the '89 Range Rover Country I had as a winter DD when I bought my JK. Had a 2" OME lift on it.

DSC00346.jpg

Jersey_Devil

Here's my old Ram that I traded in for a JK

ForumRunner_20121114_111734.jpg

ForumRunner_20121114_111808.jpg

Here's a cj that came to my house the other day

ForumRunner_20121114_111841.jpg

And these..... Well I just think these are the coolest off road vehicles EVER! There's a quarry near me that has these bad boys driving around and crossing the road in front of u.... There enormous!

bigdump.jpg

whoops7.jpg

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I actually found this one in my driveway! It's a Quigley 4x4 E350 Ford van.

We use them in the field. They do great in adverse conditions! I have an extended one in Wyoming and it rocks the snow and mud great. I've had this one in South TX and it does great too.

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

I had a couple more pics but they were over 2mb. I'll try to shrink them and post them later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't tell if it had more than one drive axle but, I'm gonna guess not. Still, this beast of a truck was pretty mean looking so, I thought I would add it to this thread :yup:

IMG_9661.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Couldn't tell if it had more than one drive axle but, I'm gonna guess not. Still, this beast of a truck was pretty mean looking so, I thought I would add it to this thread :yup:

View attachment 7523

I posted on Facebook already, btu I used to refuel those back when I was in Iraq in early 2003 for the initial invasion of Iraq. The CH-53E helicopter I flew on and worked on had 16k lbs of internal fuel tanks we carried since there were no bases for the convoys to stop at back then, so we landed in the desert and they pulled up for gas. $50 mil mobile gas station with .50 cal machine guns. :D I'm pretty sure all those axles are driven, since it's designed to pull it's loads through adverse terrain.

Top Bottom