Offroad Evolution JK Half Doors

Chris1015

These look way better on a 2 door. I have them for my 4 door. The tip of the bolt on the hinge busted off in a bunch of my bolts to tighten the doors up. Literally like 6 nuts have part of the hinge bolt in it. I'm pretty pissed off about it. Never got emailed back from Evo.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
These look way better on a 2 door. I have them for my 4 door. The tip of the bolt on the hinge busted off in a bunch of my bolts to tighten the doors up. Literally like 6 nuts have part of the hinge bolt in it. I'm pretty pissed off about it. Never got emailed back from Evo.

Do you have any pics of your issue? I’m curious.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

View attachment 310491

Those two tabs on the back side that are internally threaded are too close together so the mirrors won't set flush to the door. Ground them down to get them to fit and now one of them is too long to work with the brackets that EVO provides to mount the mirrors. I'm gonna buy a set of OEM mirors and try to use the brackets BESTOP makes for use with their tube doors. Looks that will work but not sure.

Ah man, what a pain. Appreciate the reply.

Chris1015

I'd like to see them too.
Sorry guys, didnt see this until now. 20180911_180851.jpg 20180911_180816.jpg 20180911_180756.jpg

So I had to email Evo twice to get them to respond. They said that the hinges arent manufactured by Evo MFG (sort of ironic), and that they are going to get in touch with that hinge company and see what they will do. Emailed them way back on Sept 11th, again on Sept 25th. Then they got back to me today. Sort of pisses me off, no apology or anything for the hinges or weeks without response.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Sorry guys, didnt see this until now. View attachment 311300 View attachment 311301 View attachment 311302

So I had to email Evo twice to get them to respond. They said that the hinges arent manufactured by Evo MFG (sort of ironic), and that they are going to get in touch with that hinge company and see what they will do. Emailed them way back on Sept 11th, again on Sept 25th. Then they got back to me today. Sort of pisses me off, no apology or anything for the hinges or weeks without response.

I’ve learned it is best to call companies than email.. they get hundred or thousands of emails. I’ve learned the same way a couple times. Called and have had things shipped out same day versus back and forth for a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom