Black Rubicon (Tucker) Build

Ever since upgrading to 37's I've been on the search for better brakes. I was going to go with the Dynatrac ProGrip but there was a disclaimer on their site that said they do not work with my wheels. So the search continued. I came across the Crown Big Brake Kit. I don't have a fear of working on brakes. I had already replaced my front brake lines and bleed them before. So I figured I would give them a shot. I installed them this weekend. Super easy install. Didn't take much time at all. Holy Crap! These brakes are amazing!! While breaking them in I felt like I was in a sports car. I new the bigger rotors and dual piston calipers would have to be better them factory but had no idea how much better it would be. I highly recommend these to anyone that decides to not go the ProGrip route.

I apologize for not getting better photos but look as the size difference of the rotor.

rotor.jpg

Here is the pads side by side.

pad.jpg

You can see there is still room around the rotor/caliper. I was worried it would be tight.

big brakes.jpg

So I’ve done several thinks to Tucker over the last month. I made my own tie rod and drag link. Installed a front raised track bar bracket and went back to the factory track bar. Sold my tire/wheels and installed some beadlocks with 37” Coopers. Added Redneck Ram. Installed some rock lights.
IMG_2216.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg
IMG_2213.jpg
IMG_2241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom