Interior moisture

rl206

Hey guys, I just picked up a '13 JKU. I've had it about 1 month now and have noticed water accumulating in the footwells. After my previous '07 JKU a few years ago, I'm no stranger to this. We have had heavy rain the last month here in WA so it is to be expected but there is a decent amount of water. I do have a soft top and my '07 was a hardtop. How many of you guys are dealing w/ this and have you come up w/ any solutions to get rid of it or slow it down?

I see some track marks on the a-pillar but every time I check it isn't moist/wet to the touch.

Thanks!

So I haven't tried et but I do have ideas on how to fix the same issue I'm having, with my 07 with a soft top. I'm thinking if you know where the streaks are or where the water is coming in maybe get some sort of weather stripping and attach that to the door surround then when you close your door it would be tight so no water could leak? Thats what I've been thinking about doing just haven't done it et so something to think about

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey guys, I just picked up a '13 JKU. I've had it about 1 month now and have noticed water accumulating in the footwells. After my previous '07 JKU a few years ago, I'm no stranger to this. We have had heavy rain the last month here in WA so it is to be expected but there is a decent amount of water. I do have a soft top and my '07 was a hardtop. How many of you guys are dealing w/ this and have you come up w/ any solutions to get rid of it or slow it down?

I see some track marks on the a-pillar but every time I check it isn't moist/wet to the touch.

Thanks!

I moved from Lake Stevens, WA to Queen Creek AZ. That fixed all my water leak problems. I highly recommend it.

Seriously though, after a decade of working for Jeep, most of the soft top leakage problems were fixed by re-installing the top carefully. If that doesn't help, call a retputable dealer in your area...most of them will still address water leakage issues even if the bumper to bumper warranty is over. I know it's a soft top, but there was a TSB issued for 2012 and 2013 for the seals on the windshield frame where the freedom panels were leaking like crazy.

rl206

So I haven't tried et but I do have ideas on how to fix the same issue I'm having, with my 07 with a soft top. I'm thinking if you know where the streaks are or where the water is coming in maybe get some sort of weather stripping and attach that to the door surround then when you close your door it would be tight so no water could leak? Thats what I've been thinking about doing just haven't done it et so something to think about

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did exactly that w/ my last one and it just ran around it... lol I've heard the hardtops are worse in that aspect over the soft tops so I plan on looking harder today and see if I can figure it out.

rl206

I moved from Lake Stevens, WA to Queen Creek AZ. That fixed all my water leak problems. I highly recommend it.

Seriously though, after a decade of working for Jeep, most of the soft top leakage problems were fixed by re-installing the top carefully. If that doesn't help, call a retputable dealer in your area...most of them will still address water leakage issues even if the bumper to bumper warranty is over. I know it's a soft top, but there was a TSB issued for 2012 and 2013 for the seals on the windshield frame where the freedom panels were leaking like crazy.

Haha I bet. I am currently in a interview process for a job that would involve relocating but only to Vancouver area. I guess I should try taking it off and putting it back on haha.
I may make a call down to the dealer w/ the vin, not sure what they would/could do for warranty but the thing only has 23k miles....

Last edited:

Havoc40

My '14 was doing the same thing with both hard and soft tops. Just replaced the header seal a couple weeks ago, and been leak free the last few times it's rained. It's a pretty straight forward job, just time consuming removing all the old adhesive tape off. You also need a rivet tool, as there's an 1/8 rivet at the bottom of each corner molding. Think it was $70 shipped.

Tumbleweed

moist.png

Top Bottom