Next time I see Eddie I'll bitch slap him and laugh

suicideking

Yea a unibody with a plates frame, HP44/60 axles, lockers, and oh, long arms!

Taking stabs at people's rigs just shows how insecure you are about your own

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You started it bud. Read my profile, I have a winch listed.

Definitely not insecure. One upgrade at a time. D60's and 40's are on the list, but it's a long list.

ob_tj

My short arms even hit rocks from time to time. Haven't ever been stuck from that. Such is life. I would think if someone is really going to pony up for a long arm kit, getting stuck on rocks would be the last thing on their mind. I know I wouldn't care about that with a purchase like that.
Can't agree with this more! I have short arms and by the looks of them they have gotten hung up and a few rocks in their life time. The beauty of it is the always come off the rock.

WJCO

Meme King
Never said I don't have a winch. Learn to read dude.

Though I would rather have no winch than run a vehicle with a unibody. :bleh:

So much badass in one post that you didn't leave any for the rest of us. Get lost. You're a tool.

longarmwj

Properly setup long arms shouldn't get hung up either. If they're set up properly they should slide over the rock, then slide the skid plate, and then the rear control arms. There shouldn't be anything hanging down that could hang them up.

suicideking

Typical for someone on longarms:

LongArmsForWhenYouReallyHaveDeepPockets.jpg

They ride nice on everything else, but having less clearance is going to get you stuck more often. Seems like simple math to me.

suicideking

My short arms even hit rocks from time to time. Haven't ever been stuck from that. Such is life. I would think if someone is really going to pony up for a long arm kit, getting stuck on rocks would be the last thing on their mind. I know I wouldn't care about that with a purchase like that.

There is no way to setup a LA system without losing clearance. So you're going to get stuck more often no matter how it's 'set up'. If rock crawling is your priority, you will want to avoid a LA setup. If you are not rock crawling and like flying over sand dunes, sure get the LA.

There is no way to setup a LA system without losing clearance. So you're going to get stuck more often no matter how it's 'set up'. If rock crawling is your priority, you will want to avoid a LA setup. If you are not rock crawling and like flying over sand dunes, sure get the LA.

Some people like to drive their jeeps as their daily's as well...not just to play around in the rocks. You can have a long arm kit and rock crawl, simply said. Noone needs to prove that point to anyone.

WJCO

Meme King
So you're going to get stuck more often no matter how it's 'set up'. If rock crawling is your priority, you will want to avoid a LA setup. If you are not rock crawling and like flying over sand dunes, sure get the LA.

Bullshit. Picking good lines with any setup will be more helpful. As far as getting stuck, we all do from time to time. As far as longarms causing that, not true. There's nothing on the arm to catch the rocks. But hey, you're the expert here, so I'd better quit posting and read your book instead. I've got a lot to learn.

suicideking

Thanks for posting. Because of your brilliant insight and meme, I'll be crossing long arms off my build-list. :crazyeyes:

Your JKU has a longer wheelbase, more critical in a TJ. If you look at most of the LA systems for a TJ, you'll see that harsh drop in the rear. That's the area you will get stuck the most in a TJ. JKU is not as bad of a drop because the arms have a longer distance. Still going to lose some clearance though.

suicideking

Some people like to drive their jeeps as their daily's as well...not just to play around in the rocks. You can have a long arm kit and rock crawl, simply said. Noone needs to prove that point to anyone.

Priorities. Mine is not my DD. A flat bed will be in the near future so I won't have to drive to the trails.

Sure, you can rock crawl. You will just have a higher probability of getting hung up on something. Is there an advantage to having a LA when rock crawling? That's what my rig is built for.

longarmwj

Man look at the massive loss in ground clearance I have from my long arm set up
IMG_5800.jpg
I mean they're just all in the way! Look at them tucked all up nice and neat above the cross member
IMG_3773.jpg

Top Bottom