Next time I see Eddie I'll bitch slap him and laugh

Priorities. Mine is not my DD. A flat bed will be in the near future so I won't have to drive to the trails.

Sure, you can rock crawl. You will just have a higher probability of getting hung up on something. Is there an advantage to having a LA when rock crawling? That's what my rig is built for.

But the guy gadget was talking about ride quality not crawling. So there was no need to bring that up in the first place. Not everyone tows their rig for playtime only.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

ob_tj

You have a longer wheelbase in your WJ, so not as bad. I'm commenting only on TJ's. I don't know anything about WJ's other than Uni Body and not as good as an XJ lol.
I do believe you said you had an LJ correct? If so the wheelbase of an LJ is greater than a TJ.

longarmwj

You have a longer wheelbase in your WJ, so not as bad. I'm commenting only on TJ's. I don't know anything about WJ's other than Uni Body and not as good as an XJ lol.

Care the explain how a WJ isn't as good as a XJ? WJs have coils in the rear which provides better flex out of the box, had slightly more power out of the I6 and have a V8 option, the unibody was much stiffer then the XJs also.

jkris

Why must you bash others rides? I have owned 3 XJs, a WJ, a WK, a TJ and now a JK. I loved all of them. Now you are just talking out your ass. It shows you contribute nothing to this discussion except your shitty logic. Done correctly long arms are just as good if not better. Pound sand already.

suicideking

Care the explain how a WJ isn't as good as a XJ? WJs have coils in the rear which provides better flex out of the box, had slightly more power out of the I6 and have a V8 option, the unibody was much stiffer then the XJs also.

I really have nothing against WJ's, I was just messing with you. Nothing against WJ's. I have friends that drive a racing XJ and have seen some other badass XJ's. I don't see many WJ's out rock crawling.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well isn't this a fun thread.

Normally the argument is about how much more flex long arms give you.

10 points to mr.kingkillhimself for an original argument. [emoji106] [emoji854]

suicideking

Well isn't this a fun thread.

Normally the argument is about how much more flex long arms give you.

10 points to mr.kingkillhimself for an original argument. [emoji106] [emoji854]

Finally someone with a sense of humor. Some of you guys need to relax. Have a beer or something.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Typical for someone on longarms:

View attachment 244629

Clearly, in your circle of friends of which none of you have a clue as to how to pick a good line.

They ride nice on everything else, but having less clearance is going to get you stuck more often. Seems like simple math to me.

There is no way to setup a LA system without losing clearance. So you're going to get stuck more often no matter how it's 'set up'.

Right, because it's always best to put a control arm on a rock instead of your tires. Of course, even if your control arm did hit a rock, there's no way it could ever slide on it. I mean, the math is all there.

If rock crawling is your priority, you will want to avoid a LA setup.

Silly me, what was I thinking :rolleyes2:

Your JKU has a longer wheelbase, more critical in a TJ. If you look at most of the LA systems for a TJ, you'll see that harsh drop in the rear. That's the area you will get stuck the most in a TJ. JKU is not as bad of a drop because the arms have a longer distance. Still going to lose some clearance though.

Ummm, right. Because a long wheel base JKU with long arms is less likely to get hung up than a short wheel base TJ with long arms. Never mind that the TJ will still have significantly greater break over angles. Man, I sure hope your kind of stupidness isn't contagious. :naw:

Priorities. Mine is not my DD. A flat bed will be in the near future so I won't have to drive to the trails.

Sure, you can rock crawl. You will just have a higher probability of getting hung up on something. Is there an advantage to having a LA when rock crawling? That's what my rig is built for.

Right, because the only way you can be a true rock crawling bad ass is to have a Jeep that rides like shit and needs to be trailered to the trail. :naw:

suicideking

Clearly, in your circle of friends of which none of you have a clue as to how to pick a good line.

Right, because it's always best to put a control arm on a rock instead of your tires. Of course, even if your control arm did hit a rock, there's no way it could ever slide on it. I mean, the math is all there.

Silly me, what was I thinking :rolleyes2:

Ummm, right. Because a long wheel base JKU with long arms is less likely to get hung up than a short wheel base TJ with long arms. Never mind that the TJ will still have significantly greater break over angles. Man, I sure hope your kind of stupidness isn't contagious. :naw:

Right, because the only way you can be a true rock crawling bad ass is to have a Jeep that rides like shit and needs to be trailered to the trail. :naw:

That's the way you got? :crazyeyes:

Is wrangler forum really that bad that you need to come here and troll?

Wrangler forum is pretty boring lol. Before I knew about Wayalife I used to browse there sometimes. It was a bunch of meh

Jeepforum is the best for TJ's. Mostly JK people here that are forced to drink Eddie's cool aid or be subject to abuse and his usual douche bag attitude. Next time I see him I'm just going to bitch slap him and laugh. :yup:

longarmwj

Jeepforum is the best for TJ's. Mostly JK people here that are forced to drink Eddie's cool aid or be subject to abuse and his usual douche bag attitude. Next time I see him I'm just going to bitch slap him and laugh. :yup:

Pretty sure that's how you get assault charges :thinking:

But then again whatever forum you came from would give you a badge of honor and a reach around for trying to save us from our evil king Eddie. Must be mad that you didn't get a share of the Kool Aid. You missed out, it had vodka in it.

Infirmary in 3...2...1...

suicideking

Pretty sure that's how you get assault charges :thinking:

But then again whatever forum you came from would give you a badge of honor and a reach around for trying to save us from our evil king Eddie. Must be mad that you didn't get a share of the Kool Aid. You missed out, it had vodka in it.

Infirmary in 3...2...1...

That does sound tasty!

Joking, I wouldn't really hurt Eddie. Just would tell a friend to not let me get too close. :beer:

Last edited:

longarmwj

That does sound tasty!

Joking, I wouldn't really hurt Eddie. Just would tell a friend to not let me get too close. :beer:

Pretty sad that you have to resort to talking big on a forum to make yourself feel important.

If you don't like it here, why are you here?

suicideking

Pretty sad that you have to resort to talking big on a forum to make yourself feel important.

If you don't like it here, why are you here?

Who said I didn't like it? Occasionally, there's useful info on here. Just not without attitude from the leader guy. Some of you are entertaining.

Top Bottom