My new to me EVO built rig

black pearl

Hooked
Well I made it back from TX in one peace and it took 3 days round trip. Yes, I bought a built rig, but it was absolutely the way I wanted it and with it in the condition it was in, was just amazing (not even a scratch on the skids or the bottom of the axels). After spending the day ripping around getting tags and state inspection, I was blown away by the way it ran and handled on the road.

I know everyone has there opinions of buying a built rig, but after building two of my own the past 15 years, there is no way I could have built this rig on my own.

I feel very fortunate to be able to make this happen and I have worked hard and saved ever sense I was a passenger on the 2012 jkx and saw all those crazy built rigs.

I am very excited to get this jeep and really hope I can get out with some of you guys to have some fun.

View attachment 244181

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That thing looks awesome congrats on the new rig ... I hope you get those scratches in the skids you were looking for at purchase[emoji846]

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm out of the country for work so can't go look, but I believe the Spicer u-joints themselves are sealed.

This. They are actually referred to a solid u-joints. Its what I had my front driveshaft rebuilt with. My local driveline shop owner prefers them as he says they provide a bit more strength over spicer greasable joints. You just replace them and if I'm not mistaken is what Eddie runs on Moby. I just replaced the 1350's on my Titan with 110K miles on them and honestly I don't think I needed to. Only did it because I had to replace the carrier bearing and figured I'd do it while I had the shaft out.

Also watch out for puddles and slow down for them in that thing..;)

madstiles

I'm Die Hard built not bought that being said after back surgery a few weeks ago I'm definitely rethinking that lol congrats man if I had the money I would have bought it in a heartbeat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeffj

Caught the Bug
This. They are actually referred to a solid u-joints. Its what I had my front driveshaft rebuilt with. My local driveline shop owner prefers them as he says they provide a bit more strength over spicer greasable joints. You just replace them and if I'm not mistaken is what Eddie runs on Moby. I just replaced the 1350's on my Titan with 110K miles on them and honestly I don't think I needed to. Only did it because I had to replace the carrier bearing and figured I'd do it while I had the shaft out.

Also watch out for puddles and slow down for them in that thing..;)

Cool, thanks for the good info, I was hoping that was the case, it did look pretty beefy.
No slowing down for WV pot holes with this thing

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
im glad to see someone from the form got it!:clap2: looking forward to it actually getting put to use! please keep us updates on the adventures for your new rig!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new rig! If I had the chance to build and Evo built jeep, I would do so in a hearbeat :thumb:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I was under my jeep and noticed the the arb air lines are ran through the frame. Did I read somewhere that wasn't the best place to run them?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I ran mine through the frame but also ran a 1/2" sprinkler line first to surround the ARB line the whole way.

Also makes it easier to fish the ARB hose.

WJCO

Meme King
I believe Eddie and highoctane had heat issues where the line melted inside the frame, no air flow so the heat is trapped in there.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Wow just read through the original build. Amazing. Wonder why the guy got rid of it after all of that

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Wow just read through the original build. Amazing. Wonder why the guy got rid of it after all of that

I know it's crazy. He told me he just didn't have time to wheel. It was cool from a buyers point of view how the hole build was documented on this forum. It made it easier to pull the trigger

JeepJeep75

Man that is a sweet rig! It's gonna be fun to see you use it and maybe even beat it up a little. Enjoy!! [emoji106]

Top Bottom