Get your damn flu shots!!!

So here is the deal with flu shots... I believe they generally take the 3 to 5 nastiest and most prolific strains of the current season, and then start pumping out the antibodies which I won't go into. But that process takes almost 6 months I believe. In the meantime the flu has gone down south to Australia, Africa, south america... then the virus migrates back to the northern hemisphere.

During this migration it can mutate, and when there is a sever mutation that's generally when people get super sick because the antibodies that defend against it may not pick it up in your system.

Now there is Flu A and Flu B. Flu B is only found in humans and is generally the more mild. Flu A flip flops around between humans, birds, and pigs. Since Flu A can go between species it tends to get bigger mutations... it can jump into birds, mutate and then infect people (bird flu) or go to pigs and then jump back to people (swine flu). With the big interspecies mutations the flu shot can be much less effective, but depends what variety you get as there are usually 5+ different active viruses in circulation.

So really it's all an odds game on what all has changed and what you are exposed to vs what you were immunized against.

IMG_7103.JPG .

Ahh yes the good ol' "did you/you should get your flu shot" time of the year. I love being lectured to by pseudo-physicians and societal-do-gooders.

Ha! No shit.

Dale72

Hooked
A lot of people thinking they have the flu don't have it. If you have the flu you can not get out of bed and it feels like you are going to die

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
BS - got a flu shot first time last year & ended up with the damn flu for the first time in 6 years.

Got one about 5 years ago and had to take a weeks vacation cause I couldn’t get out of bed! F That! I haven’t been sick since!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
BS - got a flu shot first time last year & ended up with the damn flu for the first time in 6 years.

Got one about 5 years ago and had to take a weeks vacation cause I couldn’t get out of bed! F That! I haven’t been sick since!

Ditto. Got the flu shot 12 years ago when my little sister was born. Was sick for two weeks and couldn’t move. Haven’t had one since and have been fine.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Someday people will realize that shooting up the population like a herd of cattle is a real bad idea for everyone except the pharmaceutical companies.

Wait, we learned that with cattle and are not doing that to them anymore. Just ourselves.

Just saying....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

bmkrinne

Was forced to get a flu shot every year in the service like a herd of cattle and still got the flu every year. Never again!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Noble Woodsman

Fellas, there are dozens of different strains of the flu, and annual flu shots only build resistance to certain strains (different ones each year), so saying you got sick only when you got the shot is poor logic to argue against the vaccine.

More importantly, a key purpose of vaccinations is to protect sensitive groups of a population (i.e. elderly, infants, etc.) by helping slow the spread of particularly virulent strains of the disease by building resistance among the bulk of the population who would otherwise act as carriers. Getting your flu shot is always a good idea, unless you live completely isolated from society.

I feel some parents don't really care about their kids(don't get me wrong, I've seen some very caring and loving parents out there, want best for their child and bundle them up at winter) If you don't want a flu shot as a parent that's fine, just get one for your children,their immune system hasn't developed to fight against virus and diseases.

I see some kids walk open jackets, almost no clothes/carrying a child with no shoes in the cold weather 30°F-10°F, like come on.. kid going catch a cold, start coughing with their open mouths and infecting other kids. Ugh.. hate that.

I tend to stay the hell away from those type of people, who don't care about themselves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I see some kids walk open jackets, almost no clothes/carrying a child with no shoes in the cold weather 30°F-10°F, like come on.. kid going catch a cold, start coughing with their open mouths and infecting other kids. Ugh.. hate that.

People don’t “catch” colds from being in cold weather without a coat or without shoes on. Bacteria and viruses don’t hunt down people who are coatless and/or shoeless.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
People don’t “catch” colds from being in cold weather without a coat or without shoes on. Bacteria and viruses don’t hunt down people who are coatless and/or shoeless.

Lol and he is a certified medication assistant. Whatever that means.

Top Bottom