CJ buggy build

klungly

Just two brackets left until I'll start on the four link. It's been a while since I've Tig welded on a regular basis, I feel bad MIG welding over the nice looking tig beads. IMG_20170125_202011671.jpg IMG_20170125_221453840.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

klungly

Was pretty tired today, so didn't get much done. The welds on my truss were smaller and colder than I'm comfortable with. I started to add passes with the Tig welder. IMG_20170127_202944262.jpg . I'm happy it's winter, it gets pretty hot welding so much.

GR8WHITE

In mock up upper link pic... I'd suggest moving the link mounts out and not work within the constraints of the narrow jeep frame. Also put them higher up bc probably want a pretty high anti-squat value... or atleast i do in my 4 link.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

klungly

I'm going to have to go to a tube chassis from the engine mounts back. The brackets won't fit between the frame and transmission to have enough room for a drive shaft. Pretty much going to start over.

klungly

I'll make new frame rails close to the width of the tub and tie it into the old frame where the engine mounts are. This will give the opportunity to raise the engine giving more clearance on the future belly pan.

klungly

My springs where delivered today. I was pretty excited about that. IMG_20170201_215255845.jpg . I started on the new frame rails today. The passenger side is tacked in place to the old rails. I'm going to widen the frame by 5 1/2". Everything will be set up at full bump to make sure there's no clearance issues. The rail is off level by 1/2 a degree and that made it 1/2" difference in height between the 2 ends. I'll get that fixed then move to the driver side.

Top Bottom