Taking the Plunge!

Maineiac

I tried finding it on HF.. looks like maybe discontinued? I hope it comes back! I'd love a trailer I could use 5-10 times a year and keep in garage. So many rusty old trailers on Craigslist, but I'd rather this 1

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

After driving the Jeep/trailer around to the back of the shop I walked back up to the front desk to complete some paperwork with Drew....... and got to see my most favorite Jeep on the planet....

IMG_0980.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

I tried finding it on HF.. looks like maybe discontinued? I hope it comes back! I'd love a trailer I could use 5-10 times a year and keep in garage. So many rusty old trailers on Craigslist, but I'd rather this 1

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Temporarily discontinued due to lighting not being DOT compliant. Recall is in effect for mine. They apparently have LED replacement kits....

Astroman

Phase II Complete!

Have been wanting to update build progress for a few weeks but have been crazy busy :icon_crazy:

Last I checked in here, I had just dropped off my JK at Offroad Evolution for the next (and most serious) upgrades, to include 1 ton axles and 40's. Picked her up a week and a half later in early February and so have had ample time to enjoy the improvements over Phase I. Here are a few pics of the Evolution:

Prepping to remove stock D44s

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

New PR XD60 and PSC ram assist and EVO skid installed:

IMG_1004.jpg

Prior owner relocated the vacuum pump to where the SPOD would go, so had to re-relocate:

IMG_1021.jpg

SPOD and ARB compressor installed. Horn was moved to make room for the ARB compressor:

IMG_1097.jpg

Doors and Trektop removed for EVO Sport Cage installation:

IMG_1019.jpg

8-channel SPOD switch controller mounted to driver side A-pillar:

IMG_1022.jpg

Fitting the EVO tire carrier after the corner armor installation:

IMG_1024.jpg

All done and parked in front of ORE :wings:

large.jpg

Some more pics from the walk-around:

large.jpg

large.jpg

Had a chance to check out Mel's new JL -- on 37s and 2.5" lift:

large.jpg

Standing by their work -- Drew and the ORE team deliver excellent customer service :thumb:

large.jpg

Trailer hooked up and ready to head back home. jkjourneys purchased my old rear bumper/tire carrier and the 37" wheels/tires -- he could only fit the bumper and 2 wheels in his vehicle, so meeting him on the way home to deliver the last 3.

large.jpg

Fellow Wayalifer Shawn (aka jkjourneys) happy for the smoking' deal :rock:

large.jpg

One of my biggest concerns was the increase in vehicle height as my Phase I JK on 37s barely fit under the garage header. ORE adjusted the coilover pre-load to offset the tire size gain -- she fits! :whew:

large.jpg

Some poser shots after I got home:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

......and the parting ass shot!

large.jpg

Overall, I've been extremely pleased with the results. The drive home was an unexpected delight -- the road manners were even better than when she was on 37s! She tracked straight and true with one-finger steering effort thanks to the PSC ram assist. I could even take my hands off the wheel for several seconds without any tendency to veer outside my lane -- definitely not a typical modified Jeep experience!

All that's left (yeah sure) is the Hemi upgrade and potentially an Atlas II, but I'm impressed with the performance of the Pentastar and 5.38 gearing for now, I'm not in any hurry -- so I'll re-visit after this summer's trail runs and schedule the swap probably sometime near the end of the year.

Last edited:

RockingK

Bad ass rig

That is one of the best looking rigs I’ve seen. Great job and ORE does amazing work, well done:rock:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I just found this thread....very cool and what an awesome Jeep. It turned out great. I was surprised how the stock motors and 5:38 on 40’s ran too.

Astroman

Looks awesome!

Looks fantastic!

Thanks guys -- appreciate the compliments :yup:

Wow, huge transformation... looks great!

It certainly didn't feel huge until I went back through the build thread from the beginning -- it's been a journey, though nothing compared to the guys here who do all the wrenching themselves! Thanks!

That is one of the best looking rigs I’ve seen. Great job and ORE does amazing work, well done:rock:

Thanks. I have been uniformly pleased with ORE. As an example, there were a lot of little details which were not even specified in the work order, but they took care of -- like the rear-view camera and LED rear brake light -- which had wiring routed all through the old bumper/tire carrier into the tub -- they made a very sensible and clean transfer over to the EVO carrier, with cool little brackets and a similar 3rd brake light with downward facing white LEDs to illuminate the license plate. Little details that they just took care of -- nice....:thumb:

Top Bottom