Sharkey's Tip of the Day

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We are kidding ourselves to think life will return to “normal” in thirty, sixty, or even ninety days…and I am profoundly afraid of the precedent that has now been set. With each new directive, it appears that our leaders have chosen to sacrifice the future economic well being of our children to possibly save the lives of a very small percentage of the population. It is no less scary to me to see our society accept such a result without demanding the answers to very difficult questions.

Let me be clear, I understand that Covid-19 will likely kill thousands, perhaps millions, of people across the United States. But, how many people will be confined to a life of poverty and die over the next decade from a depression created by the present fear that some people will die?

Are you willing to destroy the economy and standard of living for 330 million people to save the lives of two people? What about to save the lives of two thousand people? What about the lives of 200,000 people? What about to save the lives of 2 million people? Does it matter if the lives we are talking about are already marginalized for some reason? I don’t know the answers to these questions, much less if there can even be “right” answers.

All I know is that I am unwilling to sacrifice my children’s futures in exchange for my own. How many parents out there routinely say that they would do ANYTHING for their kids, their grandkids, and their nieces and nephews? Then why does it feel like we are doing the opposite of the mantra that is so foundational to being a parent: the future of your children above ALL else…even your own life.

Five months since I posted this. Sadly, it reads even more true today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Every time I see your name on a post, it reminds me of those words, and it is scary how right you were, and also scarier how much worse the BS has gotten that even what you wrote.

It feels like we have sold the soul of the whole country, and for what?

jesse3638

Hooked
Every time I see your name on a post, it reminds me of those words, and it is scary how right you were, and also scarier how much worse the BS has gotten that even what you wrote.

It feels like we have sold the soul of the whole country, and for what?
To try and help Joe and the Ho get into office...duh!

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve said it in other threads related to politics. Some people believe the end always justifies the means. Personally, I don’t live my life that way. How we act and what we do in life to reach our goals is every bit as important to me, perhaps more so, than whether those goals are reached.

Kuboske

Five months since I posted this. Sadly, it reads even more true today.

How in the world did I miss this thread?...
(Question to self.)
Since I'm always on the search for nuggets of wisdom from Sharkey.
I agree completely with the idea, as a parent, I want a better life for my children. I'm very impressed with their life skills, but, fear the USA, debt ship has sailed. There is no possible way out of the tremendous debt, Washington has saddled them with. That is why we all keep hearing about a global "reset".
Excellent post, Mr. Shark. I could go on, about this subject, but, some here think I get too political...

Top Bottom