2017 SEMA Rego 4x4 REX Jeep JK Wrangler

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
This is so awesome, and so glad to see someone actually trying to make this happen. After watching the video I would love to actually see how this rides as it looks perfect in the video. Would love to have this one day.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Pretty sweet concept. Would be awesome if they could flip the rear 180 for you wouldn’t get hung up if you used it for crawling. Even though the irs moves with the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is so awesome, and so glad to see someone actually trying to make this happen. After watching the video I would love to actually see how this rides as it looks perfect in the video. Would love to have this one day.

I can only take the guys who made it at their word but they were telling me that they could literally drink a cup of coffee on terrain that the solid axles that came on their Jeep would put in their lap. I believe it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sweet concept. Would be awesome if they could flip the rear 180 for you wouldn’t get hung up if you used it for crawling. Even though the irs moves with the wheel.

I asked them about this and they would be the first to admit that the rear was just a "solution" they could work out quickly. I think initially, they were just working on IFS to be run with a solid rear axle but then wanted to take it all the way so that they could really test things out. I would imagine that the ultimate end product would look different.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I asked them about this and they would be the first to admit that the rear was just a "solution" they could work out quickly. I think initially, they were just working on IFS to be run with a solid rear axle but then wanted to take it all the way so that they could really test things out. I would imagine that the ultimate end product would look different.

The full on independent suspension is sweet. Would be sweet having a trophy jk lol

Diesel_Ranger

The shaft length on this front end is HUGE, having them cross under the differential is an awesome idea. I wonder if they have helical cut gears in the portals or straight cut. With the additional set of gears you would be able to run a relatively low number (higher ratio) gear in the diff (similar to HMMWV).

I think it would be fun to watch a rig with this set up front and rear do some crawling.

DaJudge

Literally, the most impressive thing I've seen at SEMA in a long time - if only because of its thinking outside of the box approach to things.

That is exactly what I was thinking! Finally someone actually engineered something, rather than just showing a new light bar!

That system looks bad ass!

NOLA Jeep

I wish more SEMA was more of a, out-of-the-box thinking engineering show, than just showing up with Jeeps with enough stupid add-ons that Lil Wayne would own. I like this REX system. That piece of equipment, if engineered correctly, could be a game changer.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks amazing and smooth. Your right Eddie it does remind me of a side by side when you see it driving

Recurve

That video was awesome. It legit looks like a side by side rolling around . Just a lot bigger lol.
Agree with others on here, this is by far the coolest thing I've seen at sema this year.

Graywolf

I'm thinking if it is strong enough to handle rocks, and with a Dana 60 and upgraded axles, I would think it would be strong enough, Maybe not rock bouncing but most every thing else. My only concern would be the strength of the portal boxes. Plus combined with a 3 or 4 speed transfer case, you could have a bad-ass sand Jeep/rock crawler all in one package. :cool:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Getting rid of hundreds of pounds of unsprung weight (solid axles) would make a huge difference for high speed off-roading, I would think. Interesting idea.

tippedover

I have actually got to test the military version of this, it was on something comparable to a armored hummer and thing was sweet. The beating this system could take was crazy we took it on and over stuff I don't think you would ever risk ur jeep on (or maybe it's just me and my jeep lol). Will deff consider this when it comes to market

Top Bottom