sPOD : Honesty, Integrity and the Lack Thereof

beans

Are they the same company who do the customized switches (with little pictures on each switch) that a couple people posted pics of? Zombie killer etc.
I hope not :( I kind of dug those and was looking forward to getting some :( But if it is I don't want to deal with people who aren't honest

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Are they the same company who do the customized switches (with little pictures on each switch) that a couple people posted pics of? Zombie killer etc.
I hope not :( I kind of dug those and was looking forward to getting some :( But if it is I don't want to deal with people who aren't honest

No. You are thinking of OTRATTW. They make great switches and, as far as I know, are a reputable company.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Are those non insulated connectors on the switches? :eek:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Huh? Those are heat shrink waterproof connectors with glue on the inside that activates with a heat gun. Why would you think they are not insulated?

pvanweelden

The female quick disconnect is not insulated at the connection. Zoom in

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The female quick disconnect is not insulated at the connection. Zoom in

Interesting. I see what you are talking about, but in the last 30 years I have never put additional insulation over the connection on any project I have ever done. I've never had a jump or a short from one post to another, much less a fire. I'm open to learning just like the next guy though, so give me some more details on what you think the risks are. The power for the switches is coming from a fused source, and the switches themselves are triggering relays which are independently fused.

pvanweelden

It's a jeep, they tend to go over bumps. I have seen the quick disconnects slide off over time.
Insulated connectors are way too cheap compared to a fire.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Interesting. I see what you are talking about, but in the last 30 years I have never put additional insulation over the connection on any project I have ever done. I've never had a jump or a short from one post to another, much less a fire. I'm open to learning just like the next guy though, so give me some more details on what you think the risks are. The power for the switches is coming from a fused source, and the switches themselves are triggering relays which are independently fused.

I too have never added anything in the 10+ years I've been fiddling with automotive electronics.

pvanweelden

On the left is similar to what you have in your pic. On the right is what is supposed to be used. Fuse or not, that wire has 12 volts. But hey, it's your jeep, do what you want.
1394112232023.jpg

Top Bottom