WAYALIFE CB BAR Jeep JL Wrangler Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

Bishop

CB Bar Received!

I just received mine yesterday and got it installed with the radio mounted. Love it! Perfect solution for those like myself who do not want to intentionally put a bunch of extra holes in my new Jeep. I haven't wired up the radio/antenna yet, I wanted to study it a bit to see what solution to go with. I did just order an antenna mount from cool tech, but I also have a dual antenna set up ready to go from a previous truck of mine so I'm not sure whether I'll run single or double whips yet. I have seen a spare tire carrier with double whip brackets on it, but who knows...single would probably work just fine. In any case, love the CB bar, kudos for putting that together for us!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just received mine yesterday and got it installed with the radio mounted. Love it! Perfect solution for those like myself who do not want to intentionally put a bunch of extra holes in my new Jeep. I haven't wired up the radio/antenna yet, I wanted to study it a bit to see what solution to go with. I did just order an antenna mount from cool tech, but I also have a dual antenna set up ready to go from a previous truck of mine so I'm not sure whether I'll run single or double whips yet. I have seen a spare tire carrier with double whip brackets on it, but who knows...single would probably work just fine. In any case, love the CB bar, kudos for putting that together for us!

Awesome, so glad to hear you're liking your CB BAR! Any chance you could post up a photo of it?

Also, if you haven't seen it already, here's a link to a thread I made on how I routed all my wiring. Might give you an idea or two.
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...te-CB-Radio-Antenna-Mount-amp-Wiring-WRITE-UP

:yup:

Bishop

Attachments

• D78677C4-D7BD-41DD-B246-F958747D4A56.jpg
    D78677C4-D7BD-41DD-B246-F958747D4A56.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 107
  • E2A12A12-F410-4B7A-96DA-22047BDED901.jpg
    E2A12A12-F410-4B7A-96DA-22047BDED901.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 103

Bishop

I'll have to get some new pics added, I've changed my setup a bit. The radio pictured ended up crapping the bed on me, it had been sitting on a shelf for ten years so I'm not too surprised. Went with the Cobra 29 LX, same as pictured by OP. What I wanted to show you guys is the PA I added under the hood. Ran the wire in the same fashion as the power to the radio, just up the other side of the windshield. I found one, tiny open spot in the engine compartment that was almost made for the speaker. Even had an open, threaded hole in a nearby bracket that I was able to mount to. I sent my radio off for a peak and tune, once I get it back I'll try to post some pics.....or, maybe I'll just get a pic of the PA and post later today. Anyway, stay frosty!

- Gabriel

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have to get some new pics added, I've changed my setup a bit. The radio pictured ended up crapping the bed on me, it had been sitting on a shelf for ten years so I'm not too surprised. Went with the Cobra 29 LX, same as pictured by OP. What I wanted to show you guys is the PA I added under the hood. Ran the wire in the same fashion as the power to the radio, just up the other side of the windshield. I found one, tiny open spot in the engine compartment that was almost made for the speaker. Even had an open, threaded hole in a nearby bracket that I was able to mount to. I sent my radio off for a peak and tune, once I get it back I'll try to post some pics.....or, maybe I'll just get a pic of the PA and post later today. Anyway, stay frosty!

- Gabriel

Please do post up some new pics when you get a chance.

Kapone

JK Install Challenge w/ Hard Top

First and foremost, I just want to send a big thanks out to you E! I have been around for longer than my start date on this forum watching videos. There were times when the military would send me to new and often times not so great places but I always had the gang at JKForum; Wayalife and made sure I was one of the first to sign up for JL Journal even though I can't afford one because of all the money you motivated me to dump (albeit unknowingly ;)
Thank you for the most recent help with the terrible mixup in delivery of my CB BAR (to which I will forever hold Brown Santa responsible). You are a class act all the way brother and it doesn't go unnoticed.

Question: Although, the title states JL I have a question regarding the JK install; When running a hard-top on the JK the Freedom Top has these metal/plastic sort of pins that look to be attached with rivets that slide into the same hole as the bolts for the CB BAR. So, do you cut them off or how do you go about removing them if at all? I can't remember the last time you ran Moby with a hard top but figured running a soft top would be easy peasy since you use the door surrounds.

So, what do you recommend or what are others doing? I apologize if this was already addressed as I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things in the forums. Thanks also in advance to all of you for replying :)
:rock:

Bishop

PA install

Finally getting around to this, hope these show. I ran the wire up the driver’s side of the windshield, and there was a small threaded hole I was able to mount the speaker bracket to.

Attachments

• 564101BF-5F77-4AB6-B181-9002A6299CFA.jpg
    564101BF-5F77-4AB6-B181-9002A6299CFA.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 0E1381A7-7BCA-4C58-997F-C7E4CEF112E2.jpg
    0E1381A7-7BCA-4C58-997F-C7E4CEF112E2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom