5.7 Hemi Conversion

Brute

Hooked
That’s awesome...hope you get plenty of seat time to make sure there are no bugs before hitting the trail...

Happy to be stupid! My oil temp sensor light was all my fault. I added it to the wrong pin in the harness. Switched to the correct position and the light went out! Apparently I can’t count to 33. I now have no check engine lights whatsoever! Only thing left on the shelf is skid plates. Should be a driver this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s okay. You only have so many fingers and toes to count with.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A.J.

That’s awesome...hope you get plenty of seat time to make sure there are no bugs before hitting the trail...

For sure! Reliability is my biggest concern with this whole project. Gutless wonder or not the little 3.8 was always the little engine that could for me. I swear it was built by Timex. I will be driving the crap out of this thing as soon as I feel like it’s right to make sure it’s up to the task. I prefer to be the guy doing the towing and fixing people’s stuff on the trail. Not the other way around. Although it does happen sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Happy to be stupid! My oil temp sensor light was all my fault. I added it to the wrong pin in the harness. Switched to the correct position and the light went out! Apparently I can’t count to 33. I now have no check engine lights whatsoever! Only thing left on the shelf is skid plates. Should be a driver this weekend.

Great that you got it sorted out. Something like a pin in the wrong place can be a nightmare to find.
What made you check the pins?

I'm sure it will be fun trying it out. Hopefully you don't have any bugs.

A.J.

Great that you got it sorted out. Something like a pin in the wrong place can be a nightmare to find.
What made you check the pins?

I'm sure it will be fun trying it out. Hopefully you don't have any bugs.

Continuity checked ok and it was one of the pins that I had to add. Code was for voltage high which usually indicates an open. Bad sensor is typically low. I pulled the plug off when checking with ohm meter and noticed that the rows of pins were 10-8-8-10. I think I assumed 10 per row when I did it the first time which which would make it 2 pins off. Nothing like creating your own problems to solve. Doh! Oh well. Easy fix!

jdofmemi

Continuity checked ok and it was one of the pins that I had to add. Code was for voltage high which usually indicates an open. Bad sensor is typically low. I pulled the plug off when checking with ohm meter and noticed that the rows of pins were 10-8-8-10. I think I assumed 10 per row when I did it the first time which which would make it 2 pins off. Nothing like creating your own problems to solve. Doh! Oh well. Easy fix!

That's good troubleshooting 👍

If that and the key issue are the biggest problems, I would say that's a huge success.

A.J.

Got to go for a little drive with the 5.7 Hemi today! Really drives nice. Ran it up a couple hills to make sure the pentastar fan would come on. Definitely moves some air. O/D off button is more like towing mode. Downshifts for engine braking and holds down shifts longer. Exhaust needs a little tummy tuck on the crossover pipe so it will be above the transmission cross member and then I’m pretty sure the skid plates will bolt right back on. The oil filter looks like it might be really close to the track bar at full compression so I will need to flex test a little on that.

All and all I am pretty happy with the results so far. Still a little fine tuning to do before it’s trail ready but definitely road worthy now.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Got to go for a little drive with the 5.7 Hemi today! Really drives nice. Ran it up a couple hills to make sure the pentastar fan would come on. Definitely moves some air. O/D off button is more like towing mode. Downshifts for engine braking and holds down shifts longer. Exhaust needs a little tummy tuck on the crossover pipe so it will be above the transmission cross member and then I’m pretty sure the skid plates will bolt right back on. The oil filter looks like it might be really close to the track bar at full compression so I will need to flex test a little on that.

All and all I am pretty happy with the results so far. Still a little fine tuning to do before it’s trail ready but definitely road worthy now.

Great news indeed, waiting on a video though... :)

Top Bottom