The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Transfer Case Woes

So the transfer case wouldn't shift in or out of drive the other day. Climbed unter and saw that the cable was just loose where it is supposed to connect to the lever on the transfer case. Bushing was completely MIA. I zip-tied it on and ordered some bushings. Coincidentally the rattle that I've had while accelerating the past year is now gone. I guess the bushing has been missing a while and I've just been lucky that the cable stayed looped on :idontknow:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Here's the temp fix until I get the bushing in:
TCcable.jpg
TCcable2.jpg
I heard the rattle again last night. Not as bad as before though, not as sure it is the same issue anymore...

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Put the new bushing in today. The rattle was intermittent, but hopefully now it will be non-existent.:thumbup:

Attachments

• 1465092860444.jpg
    1465092860444.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 326

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Cobra 29 LX and 3' Firestik

Installed my first CB last weekend! Can't wait to get out there and use it :)
CB.jpg
Also: No rattling since I put in the new transfer case cable bushing :rock:

Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Stabilizer (damper)

Put a new Bilstein steering stabilizer in yesterday. I know it's not going to make much of a difference, but the old one was all blown out and wasn't doing anything anyway. I'll rest easy for the road trip through the Gread Smoky Mountains in October knowing it's down there.
stabilizerCompare.jpg
stabilizerInstalled.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Also, ordered the EVO rear fascia and D-rings, EVO protek oil pan skid, EVO no-limits swaybar disconnect and got a Rubi swaybar on craigslist for $150 :) All coming up next week!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Painted Butters' ass and muffler in prep for new fascia. Bedliner under the tailgate and black high heat (2000°) on the muffler.
rearBeforePaint.jpg
rearPainted.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Rear Fascia Time!

Haven't trimmed the rails or nut inserts yet. I am still on the fence if I am going to put a tire carrier on with it (like the AEV) so I may need the rails stock length... but here it is so far:
rearFascia.jpg
rearFasciaDriver.jpg
rearFasciaPassenger.jpg
Still waiting on the oil pan skid and disconnect gear.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Haven't trimmed the rails or nut inserts yet. I am still on the fence if I am going to put a tire carrier on with it (like the AEV) so I may need the rails stock length... but here it is so far:
View attachment 216227
View attachment 216228
View attachment 216229
Still waiting on the oil pan skid and disconnect gear.
The facia and the painting came out good!

Every time I see where someone painted under their tailgate it reminds me I have to do mine...
Butters looks great!
Stop being lazy and do it god damn it!!

Top Bottom