Patagonia M/T

Rocky07

I’m running the 37” Patagonia’s and have beat on them pretty hard since I got them in late November. They ride quiet, balance well & have held up to some heavy abuse on the rocks so far. I scored them for $1000.00 for all 5 on Black Friday, so I figured if I hated them, I could offload them quickly. They do seem to have a really soft compound, so I can’t see them being a high mileage tire. Time will tell, but so far so good. Image1550022492.106885.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

I’m running the 37” Patagonia’s and have beat on them pretty hard since I got them in late November. They ride quiet, balance well & have held up to some heavy abuse on the rocks so far. I scored them for $1000.00 for all 5 on Black Friday, so I figured if I hated them, I could offload them quickly. They do seem to have a really soft compound, so I can’t see them being a high mileage tire. Time will tell, but so far so good.

$250 a tire out the door is a pretty solid deal.

TheGrendel

If you though $250 a tire was a solid deal just wait till you figure out that 5 tires for $1000 is $200 a tire.
🤯🤯

Haha. Welp.

ar130861892168971.jpg

I got the black friday deal too. 315/70r17 for about $177 a tire. They're as quiet as my old procomp xtreme A/Ts. They're soft. I'll rotate them more often. So yeah. heh. good luck!:thumb:

Rocky07

Got all 5 from Discount Tire Direct for 981.00 after rebates. I was in a hate/hate relationship with my MTR’s, so I figured I couldn’t really get hurt on the Milestars.

TheGrendel

Got all 5 from Discount Tire Direct for 981.00 after rebates. I was in a hate/hate relationship with my MTR’s, so I figured I couldn’t really get hurt on the Milestars.

MTRs suck so bad. Worst part for me is the weird tracking on the highway. Never had a tire that would grab seams on the road and follow them like the MTRs.

MTRs suck so bad. Worst part for me is the weird tracking on the highway. Never had a tire that would grab seams on the road and follow them like the MTRs.

Agreed on the MTR’s. I had a set on my older land cruiser and I couldn’t wait until the wore out. I’d rather toss my testicles in a blender than get another set. I haven’t personally been out with anyone running the Milestars but, it’s irrelevant being that I’m sold on my coopers and unless the stop making them, I won’t change.

JBF

Whether a tire is ugly or not is truly subjective to an extent. I personally don't like how the Coopers look, but I still considered them when I was shopping for a replacement for my ridge grapplers that were out of round. Aesthetics are significantly lower in the priorities than value/performance...for me at least. The price point between the coopers and these are within $10 a tire as of right now. But when I bought mine, the STT pros were about $80 more a tire....which is strange because I don't often see prices fluctuate on tires, ever.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whether a tire is ugly or not is truly subjective to an extent. I personally don't like how the Coopers look, but I still considered them when I was shopping for a replacement for my ridge grapplers that were out of round. Aesthetics are significantly lower in the priorities than value/performance...for me at least. The price point between the coopers and these are within $10 a tire as of right now. But when I bought mine, the STT pros were about $80 more a tire....which is strange because I don't often see prices fluctuate on tires, ever.

LOL - Yup, looks are 100% subjective. Price was dirt cheap before being that they were trying to get guys like you to buy them. What isn’t subjective is that they’re made in China. No thank you - not for me. But then, that’s just me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably on the same city block that our fancy beadlock wheels are made. LOL.

If my tires separate or let me down in any other way, I'll be sure to report back and move on to another brand. No big deal.

LOL - without doubt. Not a fan of the fact that good bead locks that are made in the USA are so hard to find. I ran Trail Ready’s for my last set but they seem to not be making them right now. Unfortunately, I this is a situation of having to run what’s available and it sucks.

That being said, tires are a totally different situation and several good ones that are made in the USA can be found. In this case, at only about $10 more than these Chinese ones.

fiend

Caught the Bug
LOL - without doubt. Not a fan of the fact that good bead locks that are made in the USA are so hard to find. I ran Trail Ready’s for my last set but they seem to not be making them right now. Unfortunately, I this is a situation of having to run what’s available and it sucks.

That being said, tires are a totally different situation and several good ones that are made in the USA can be found. In this case, at only about $10 more than these Chinese ones.

Are you sure the Patagonia’s are made in China? I believe they are made by Nanking, which is a Taiwanese company that makes a variety of car and truck tires. Their website says they manufacture tires in both Taiwan and China, so that’s why I’m wondering about the Patagonia’s.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure the Patagonia’s are made in China? I believe they are made by Nanking, which is a Taiwanese company that makes a variety of car and truck tires. Their website says they manufacture tires in both Taiwan and China, so that’s why I’m wondering about the Patagonia’s.

Look on the sidewall of one and tell me what it says. If I’m wrong, I’ll stand corrected.

jdofmemi

If you ask the Chinese, they are the same.

Ask someone from Taiwan and they will say they are independent.

Either way, I will buy an American made tire if I can

Top Bottom