1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

Looks great. Glad you're moving along. Do you have any info on that paint booth? I'm looking at building a DIY one.

Plastic paint sheeting stapled with furring strips to garage, box fan with a furnace filter bungees to it blowing OUT. Hose down the floor to stop dust.

Bout time you got some progress!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Went to visit the old girl today and drop off a bunch of parts for the engine. Although it doesn’t look like a tone of progress, he has all the body panels blocked and primed multiple times and it is now straighter then it came from the factory.

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

He is going to shoot the firewall soon and then get the engine installed and running prior to the rest of the paint to minimize risk.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Looking great. I don’t think I would want to do an engine install with a fresh coat of paint either.

Andy5160

Hooked
Went to visit the old girl today and drop off a bunch of parts for the engine. Although it doesn’t look like a tone of progress, he has all the body panels blocked and primed multiple times and it is now straighter then it came from the factory.

View attachment 349744

View attachment 349745

View attachment 349746

View attachment 349747

View attachment 349748

View attachment 349749

View attachment 349750

View attachment 349751

He is going to shoot the firewall soon and then get the engine installed and running prior to the rest of the paint to minimize risk.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Your patients is killing me 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

Hahah. Right. I can imagine from your perspective it's taking forever. I dont disagree. The bright side is atleast you can look at what he is doing and be happy with the results. Too many body shops cant even do that right

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hahah. Right. I can imagine from your perspective it's taking forever. I dont disagree. The bright side is atleast you can look at what he is doing and be happy with the results. Too many body shops cant even do that right

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly. It really is an art

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom