New JL Sport S

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Busy Weekend

It was a busy weekend for sure. Got the lift done and I can say it was probably the easiest lifts I have ever installed. That said, it still took a lot of extra time because I only had hand tools. I was wore out by the end of it, and a little sore too.

It was still very much worth it compared to the $500.00 at least, that anyone wanted for the install. I probably would have done it myself anyhow but I like to get estimates to see how much I'm saving.
It rides like stock and hopefully when the wheels arrive and are installed with the tires, it will still be so.

Very happy with it so far. I did one small mod though. I didn't like how the front liners covered the shocks which looked bad to me, but also makes dealing with the upper bolt a bit of a pain. So, I trimmed it out a little to mimic the way they are on the JK. I am happy with the way that turned out as well.

If you are following this, you may notice the Wrangler hood decals. I forgot to post about those when I got them. Light metallic grey with a red outline. Wasn't sure about the grey centers as opposed to the flat black but I wanted to something a little different. I have seen some Rubicon lettering that looked like it might be grey, so thats were I came up with the idea. The people who have spoken to me about it had had good things to say about how it looks.

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Lift looks good, can't wait to see the wheels on it. The gray decal does look good, nice to see something different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Looking good! And the plan B wheels will look much better. Just my 2 cents.

Hopefully your 2 cents ends up being worth a couple of bucks. I'm hoping the wheels will brighten up what is a really dark vehicle. I usually go with impact colors for paint, so this was a big step away from that. With any luck the whole package will come together nicely even with the Granite Crystal as a base.

Lift looks good, can't wait to see the wheels on it. The gray decal does look good, nice to see something different.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the decal color. It was a risk, but only about a $32.00 one. LOL

Jeeps looking great! Can’t wait to see the new wheels on it.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you Sir! Discount is said it should be this week, as long as there's no damage to any of the wheels. There were only 4 that they had access to in the whole country. My spare will be at least a month or two out.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
That was faster than I expected.

Got a call while I was at lunch today that my 4 wheels were in. Wasn't expecting them this quick so that was a surprise... a good one at that.

Small hiccup, the wheel sensors are not working so we'll have to sort that out later. Other than that, all is good. Ride is spectacular. Tires roll smooth and are balanced well. Took some pics to show how they look and also how far they stick out past the fenders. They stick out just the right amount for my tastes. I will need to get some adjustable track bars at some point but it's not off enough where most people would notice.

The tires are overall about 33.75 inches... a little smaller than I hoped for but seem right for the amount of lift that I have.
For folks looking at wheels the specs on these are 17x9 with a 4.53 B. S. or -12 offset. Remember this is a sport and the wheels are inset about half an inch per side compared to the Rubicon, so they would stick out a bit further on one of those.

Now I am going to review Eddie's video on the Tazer JL again so I can set my speedo.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Brightening Up The Inside

I wasn't really happy with the grey/silver dash inserts, especially since I initially test drove a Rubicon. I really liked the red ones that it had but they were not available on a sport.
I found a Mopar parts outlet website about a week and a half ago that was selling the red ones as a pair with about a $120.00 discount and free shipping.
They came today packaged nicely and in perfect condition. Should look good and will add a dash of color to the interior.

IMG_0549.jpg

Houndy95

I like the tire and wheel combo you went with. Your build is looking really good. Can’t wait to see the red trim panels installed. :thumb:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Thats gonna look good! Gotta love the look without the price tag of a rubi.

For sure! Saved like, ten grand. LOL

I love the dash color of the rubicon’s. It will look great with the grey!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, it does look good with the grey. Though I admit I cheated to be sure, I looked at several pics online and I even stopped at a dealer and checked out a grey Rubi before ordering.

I like the tire and wheel combo you went with. Your build is looking really good. Can’t wait to see the red trim panels installed. :thumb:

Thanks, I struggled with the wheel choice but ended up being really happy with it. The biggest problem I'm having is not wanting bigger tires. The 35's are great but I am used to running bigger ones.
Realistically, they are the perfect size for daily driving and some trail use.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Bit of a pain...

Took about an hour. The driver side couldn't have been easier. Passenger side sucked.
You have to remove the air bag part way to pry open tabs on the top and bottom. I couldn't see how to take it apart until I cracked the old one from pulling on it.
Looking at the new one I didn't guess there was more to it than a few bolts and some tabs with snap clips. You do reuse your old vents but those are really easy to swap in.
More complicated than it looked to get it done, but worth all the trouble. I think it looks great, much better look IMO. At least for my Jeep.

IMG_0550.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Man those wheels look great, good choice. Great job on the trim also, definitely looks better to me.

BaddestCross

Took about an hour. The driver side couldn't have been easier. Passenger side sucked.
You have to remove the air bag part way to pry open tabs on the top and bottom. I couldn't see how to take it apart until I cracked the old one from pulling on it.
Looking at the new one I didn't guess there was more to it than a few bolts and some tabs with snap clips. You do reuse your old vents but those are really easy to swap in.
More complicated than it looked to get it done, but worth all the trouble. I think it looks great, much better look IMO. At least for my Jeep.

View attachment 306702
That looks great! I do like that red. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom