What's your view like at work?

Kuboske

My job today was test flying the rental Cessna 172. New reman 0-320, Lycoming. Everything new or rebuilt, firewall forward.
A whole page of instructions on break in, procedures. I have to fly off the first 15 hours before it goes out with renters.

Attachments

• 20201021_182420.jpg
    20201021_182420.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 80

jdofmemi

My job today was test flying the rental Cessna 172. New reman 0-320, Lycoming. Everything new or rebuilt, firewall forward.
A whole page of instructions on break in, procedures. I have to fly off the first 15 hours before it goes out with renters.

I'm sure it just breaks your heart to have to go fly it around 😁😁😁

Andy5160

Hooked

Did you test Cessna’s parachute?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

gyoja75

Really cool. How did it go?

“Sua Sponte”

Kuboske

Ha ha. Yes, so far so good. Good thorough run up on the ground, shut down, check for leaks. Then hit the runway and go. One hour flying a racetrack pattern around the field, because we got almost 5" of rain. No good options, but making it back to hard surface. Everything looks and feels good. Might go somewhere, tomorrow.
I felt pretty good about it, after the climb out.

Dale72

Hooked
That is a tough stretch, uphill, and the wind is blowing 95% of the time.

Then, as a prize for making it up the hill, you get to go through the Banning scales, one of the toughest in the country from what I hear.
Yeah I timed it just right this morning the ramp was full and it was closed

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
That is a tough stretch, uphill, and the wind is blowing 95% of the time.

Then, as a prize for making it up the hill, you get to go through the Banning scales, one of the toughest in the country from what I hear.

My old XJ would get about 9 mpg heading west and 18 mpg heading east.:cheesy:

jdofmemi

Some people have all the luck.

They almost didn't let me leave after a level 1 inspection one night. I had 30 minutes left to drive, and I explained it would take less time than that to be snug in my bed, at HOME.

Inspector gadget wanted me to do 10 in my day cab in his parking lot, in yhe rain, with no food, 20 minutes from my bed🤯🤯🤯

I hate that place, and will go around it most days, even though its nearly 2 hrs extra.

Dale72

Hooked
Some people have all the luck.

They almost didn't let me leave after a level 1 inspection one night. I had 30 minutes left to drive, and I explained it would take less time than that to be snug in my bed, at HOME.

Inspector gadget wanted me to do 10 in my day cab in his parking lot, in yhe rain, with no food, 20 minutes from my bed[emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962]

I hate that place, and will go around it most days, even though its nearly 2 hrs extra.
Yeah they can be a bunch of assholes at times. The ones in Gilroy can be also because that's the training scales for the newbies

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom