What problems does your Jeep have this week?

A JK 2010

I have had death wobble a week ago so I tightened all the bolts and haven't had it come back but the last couple of days once in awhile when I turn left I hear a pop. Last night I found this? Should I just sand it to bare metal and weld it?
Image1501162687.161701.jpg Image1501162715.168575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

I have had death wobble a week ago so I tightened all the bolts and haven't had it come back but the last couple of days once in awhile when I turn left I hear a pop. Last night I found this? Should I just sand it to bare metal and weld it?

If you do, I recommend taking an angle grinder (or die grinder) and grind a groove into the crack. That way, when you weld, you can get better penetration on the crack, as well as digging out some of the apparent rust in there already.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Some major rain storm last night while I was asleep and no doors and only a safari top on. So now I have about an inch of standing water in the passenger side. Need to pull the carpet and find the drain plugs.

I have that every time it rains, even with the doors on [emoji53]......

WJCO

Meme King
Window regulator took a shit. And of course when it happened, the window was down and it was raining. Luckily, it happened in town, part was in stock, and it was a 20 minute fix.

IMG_20170923_200609_504.jpg

Tanktitan

I was getting a clicking sound in my front end when going over rough terrain today (actually it always has done this) and was wondering if anyone can venture a suggestion as to what it might be. All linkages seem property torqued. It does not happen while steering, just articulation. I am wondering if it is coming from the ends of the springs, like they are shifting. Any ideas? I know this is kind of asking the impossible but maybe someone has a easy answer. Seems minor but on the other hand things that move against each other wear out.

WJCO

Meme King
I was getting a clicking sound in my front end when going over rough terrain today (actually it always has done this) and was wondering if anyone can venture a suggestion as to what it might be. All linkages seem property torqued. It does not happen while steering, just articulation. I am wondering if it is coming from the ends of the springs, like they are shifting. Any ideas? I know this is kind of asking the impossible but maybe someone has a easy answer. Seems minor but on the other hand things that move against each other wear out.

Hit sway bar and steering linkage with a dead blow hammer. See if you can duplicate it that way. Our JK was doing that and it was a bad sway bar link. Also check ball joints for play. You can also look for shiny spots on diff cover and steering linkage to see if parts are rubbing together.

BaddestCross

Are the springs seated in the perches correctly?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Tanktitan

Hit sway bar and steering linkage with a dead blow hammer. See if you can duplicate it that way. Our JK was doing that and it was a bad sway bar link. Also check ball joints for play. You can also look for shiny spots on diff cover and steering linkage to see if parts are rubbing together.

Thank you. All good ideas. The sway bar sounds like a first look. I did not disconnect them. It would be interesting to see if that would have stopped it. I will check all your items but doubt it is ball joints. I have a fairly new pro rock 44 unlimited but that does not mean they can't fail.

CharlesC

Should be a rule...WAL member 1 year minimum before pulling 1$ out of your wallet for Jeep parts!!--Learning the hard way. TF junk, 1350 ordered! IMG_0655.JPG

Last edited:

Breer

Caught the Bug
After a day out I have gear oil leaking out of the tubes on the good ol D30 on my JKU. Both sides. Changed the fluid and leak seems to have slowed but is still present.

Really hoping it's just the inner seals. Not really sure what to think of both seals starting to leak at the same time though. Water getting inside the diff, clogged breather, or worst case a bent housing....

Not really sure where to go from here, I looked for broken welds and didn't see any.. Should I just use up a day and replace the inner seals and hope for the best? Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers! [emoji481]

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
After a day out I have gear oil leaking out of the tubes on the good ol D30 on my JKU. Both sides. Changed the fluid and leak seems to have slowed but is still present.

Really hoping it's just the inner seals. Not really sure what to think of both seals starting to leak at the same time though. Water getting inside the diff, clogged breather, or worst case a bent housing....

Not really sure where to go from here, I looked for broken welds and didn't see any.. Should I just use up a day and replace the inner seals and hope for the best? Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers! [emoji481]

Both of my inner seals leaked at the same time before.

WJCO

Meme King

Cheers! [emoji481]

Did it happen after moderate or hard wheeling? Likely a bent housing. Hard to say for sure.

Top Bottom