NEW Shoes for RUBICAT : 37x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

USMC Wrangler

Looks great! [emoji106]

Curious what the mounted height is. Basically wondering if Cooper is like so many others that are smaller than the advertised size when mounted.

08socalJK

No kidding? That's awesome. We really love the set we have on our Renegade and are looking forward to playing a lot harder with these. :thumb:

Now, if I can only get a replacement 5th tire. Turns out one of them showed up in an 20" wheel size :grayno:

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear, who did you get them from? Direct from Cooper or from a retailer?

Desert Crawler

Nice looking shoes, but I will say those rims look awesome. Been thinking of picking up a second set for my rig and I think these may have just changed my mind from another set of trail readys. Will be looking for you around town to take a closer look.

Exodus 4x4

Looks great! [emoji106]

Curious what the mounted height is. Basically wondering if Cooper is like so many others that are smaller than the advertised size when mounted.

I mounted mine up a couple nights ago. After airing to 27 psi and mounting, center to ground was 17.5". I can feel a huge height difference though between them and the 35" trail graps I had on, plus the radial pull to the left is gone.

BLCK4X4

Sorry, I missed your post but added a quick review of the tires. For the most part, no, I wouldn't say they "need" balancing but at 75 MPH and above, I do feel at least one wheel that could use some help. Below 75 MPH, I don't feel a thing.

Oh no, we'll be keeping our Chamber Pro II's shiny just like you see them :yup:

Unfortunately for you, you don't have the right bolt pattern :D

GREAT choice Eddie! You've got some great ideas, can't wait to see what you guys do next!!:)

crowrb29

Those things look super awesome and beefy? How are they holding up on the Renegade as far as wear and everything goes?

Sargi0

I like the 13.50 width look and look forward to here about how these wear. I have about 10k miles left on my Nitto's before I start thinking about replacing.

USMC Wrangler

I mounted mine up a couple nights ago. After airing to 27 psi and mounting, center to ground was 17.5". I can feel a huge height difference though between them and the 35" trail graps I had on, plus the radial pull to the left is gone.

Thanks Granite [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those things look super awesome and beefy? How are they holding up on the Renegade as far as wear and everything goes?

So far, they've been holding up great on our Renegade and they perform amazingly well in snow and ice especially for a mud terrain. In fact, I would go so far as to say of all the M/T's I've run over the years, they do the best on slick surfaces. Also, off road they've been doing extremely well in hooking up and so far, they're wearing nicely. Granted, I haven't had a chance to really push them and that's why we picked up a set for Rubicat. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look great. Did you get a chance to see what the height measures mounted up?

Well, as you know, ALL tires measure smaller than what is stated on the sidewall but un-mounted, I got a measurement to the shoulder that came up to 35-11/16".

main.php

As you can see, this is 1/16" less than a brand new Nitto Trail Grappler un-mounted.

main.php

Mounted and with the full weight of our Jeep, the Cooper STT Pro came up to 35-1/8".

main.php

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Well, as you know, ALL tires measure smaller than what is stated on the sidewall but un-mounted, I got a measurement to the shoulder that came up to 35-11/16".

main.php

As you can see, this is 1/16" less than a brand new Nitto Trail Grappler un-mounted.

main.php

Mounted and with the full weight of our Jeep, the Cooper STT Pro came up to 35-1/8".

main.php

Thanks Eddie for this info. Any idea as to the weight of the entire wheel? Did they seem lighter or heavier than the Nitto Trail Grapplers?

dunstan74

Just a random question, does a tires load rating have much effect on its true mounted size at the same psi or is it not enough to make any real difference ?

Top Bottom