The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Gloss would be easier to clean and stay cleaner. But what you have now looks good (it’s hard to see the texture in the pic).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

True, hadn't thought of that... Then again you've seen my Jeep, is it ever really clean? I still haven't even wiped all the SMORR off of it yet. :cheesy:

Cant tell in the pictures, but yellow is hard to color match with sun fade etc, if its not going to be the same color I would leave it flat. imo itll look better intended to be flat then intended to be a perfect match to hood and not quite right.

Some of my same thoughts.

Leave it flat. Looks good man.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks!

Looks like flat is winning the poll so far!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Did some work today:
IMG_20200711_102800.jpg
IMG_20200711_123937.jpg
IMG_20200711_153029.jpg
Ended up doubling down with the matte finish and put a few coats of this on top:
IMG_20200711_154152.jpg
Hopefully it holds up alright.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice work! I wasn’t sure how well the Matte would’ve looked but I really like he way it turned out!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Dang, why couldn’t you have had that in last weekend! I want to see it in person. Looks awesome from the pics.

If I get one, I’m going to keep it raw.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Dang, why couldn’t you have had that in last weekend! I want to see it in person. Looks awesome from the pics.

If I get one, I’m going to keep it raw.

What can I say, I'm a procrastinator through and through. You'll just have to come out to SMORR again! Raw wouldn't be a bad choice; the paint easily doubled the time spent on it.

Top Bottom