HOW to GET to the NIPPLES - Front Lower Control Arm Greasing Solution

whispike

Great write up, I’m going to give this a try! I’ve never greased mine before so do you just fill them with grease until it starts to ooze out or something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
So quick question and figured I'd ask here as this thread is near the top.

Not related to the control arm, but rather the nipple on the joint of my carrier. Seems I got a bit flexed in the rocks and tagged the corner of my carrier. In doing so I broke a zerk. But the threads are still in the joint end.

Not a huge deal, but wondering the best way to get the end out without fucking up the joint itself? Haven't tried anything yet as it's just the carrier joint.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So quick question and figured I'd ask here as this thread is near the top.

Not related to the control arm, but rather the nipple on the joint of my carrier. Seems I got a bit flexed in the rocks and tagged the corner of my carrier. In doing so I broke a zerk. But the threads are still in the joint end.

Not a huge deal, but wondering the best way to get the end out without fucking up the joint itself? Haven't tried anything yet as it's just the carrier joint.

What's left inside shouldn't be tight and you can probably remove it with an easy out.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Is this the same size needle that is used on lower ball joints like Alloy USA? I'm using a needle from a kit I got on Amazon and all the grease just seems to make a mess instead of going into the low profile zerks fitting.

This is the kit I have:
Tooluxe 61077L Grease Gun and Lubrication Accessory Kit | Zerk Fittings | Multi-Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RMMXG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_43tQBbEVN4QMY

Looks like it should work, push harder

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Is this the same size needle that is used on lower ball joints like Alloy USA? I'm using a needle from a kit I got on Amazon and all the grease just seems to make a mess instead of going into the low profile zerks fitting.

This is the kit I have:
Tooluxe 61077L Grease Gun and Lubrication Accessory Kit | Zerk Fittings | Multi-Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RMMXG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_43tQBbEVN4QMY

It will work but it has to be centered on the zerk with so pressure applied so the needle is firm against the joint. They're a little tricky. The needle in that kit will work. Just make sure that you aren't using the sharp one pictured below.

DSC04419.JPG

JeepDrum

Ok thanks guys, I'll try again tomorrow. Today I tried two of the needles. Not the one pictured, but the ones with a dull point. Maybe it just wasn't seated right or something. It is tricky. Just out of curiosity, what are those sharp ones for? Poking through a boot and squirting grease in?

jesse3638

Hooked
Ok thanks guys, I'll try again tomorrow. Today I tried two of the needles. Not the one pictured, but the ones with a dull point. Maybe it just wasn't seated right or something. It is tricky. Just out of curiosity, what are those sharp ones for? Poking through a boot and squirting grease in?

Yes or injecting poultry.

Waymore

Happy to be redirected if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.
Question is - does anyone know if Johnny zerks (Evo control arms) are any more accessible on a stock JLUR axle?
Like the pics from Moby, the control arm mount DOES have a hole above where the LCA joints would be. But hard to figure angles and depth etc.
Have an Evo Enforcer 2.5 kit (stage 4) inbound and wondering if I ought to be planning to install the low profile zerks, as demonstrated here in thread.
Thanks!

Top Bottom