Gladiator Tow Thread

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I agree with jaybird. The rv is a good route to take. I have pulled a 26’ travel trailer gross weight of 7500 lbs with a 1/2 ton ram and although it pulled it well it was still a lot. We now have a class c that we can tow with. It has a max towing of 8000lbs and pulls pretty well. Haven’t towed the Jeep behind yet but have pulled 6000lb trailer with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks for the input!

You can get a Class A motorhome that you can get in the National Parks

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m sure you’re right. When I hear class a I think 40’ bus rv. Our next plan is to visit our local rv/camper show in February/March. We have not stepped foot in a class a or c as of yet.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’m not a fan of the slides. My brother has something similar, but smaller and has had issues. His words “I will never buy another trailer with slides“. We did look at a few since we have a Camping World in our town, but we’re not digging the “home” feel from these types of campers. It’s like they are styled to be just like home. When we looked at Airstreams we liked that they were styled like campers, if that makes sense?

I’ll never buy one without a slide. That goes for a motorhome, too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dale72

Hooked
Thanks for the input!

I’m sure you’re right. When I hear class a I think 40’ bus rv. Our next plan is to visit our local rv/camper show in February/March. We have not stepped foot in a class a or c as of yet.
For the National Parks it can't be over a certain length. You just have to go to the website for the National Parks

Dale72

Hooked
When you decide to get one June 1st is when the next year models and floor plans come out wait until about August or September and you can get last year's models around dealers cost

highoctane

Caught the Bug
So do Raptors and Gladiators run about the same price now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sort of, but not really. My Gladiator stickered for $63,497. I was very close to getting a Raptor mega cab (whatever they call the bigger cab truck) and my local Ford dealer had three on the lot. One was pretty basic and had a sticker of $58k and change. It didn’t have the keyless touch and go door handles, no push button start, and didn’t have the technology package. Was missing a lot of what I wanted in a Raptor. The other two were pretty well equipped trucks that had a sticker price of $78k and $76k. Both had nice options, dual panoramic sunroof, the expensive Raptor decals, and one had the fancy tailgate step. I paid under MSRP for my Gladiator, but you’d be hard pressed to find a similar deal on a new Raptor. For its have cost me $20k more for a Raptor with comparable options to my Gladiator.

MericaMade

Sort of, but not really. My Gladiator stickered for $63,497. I was very close to getting a Raptor mega cab (whatever they call the bigger cab truck) and my local Ford dealer had three on the lot. One was pretty basic and had a sticker of $58k and change. It didn’t have the keyless touch and go door handles, no push button start, and didn’t have the technology package. Was missing a lot of what I wanted in a Raptor. The other two were pretty well equipped trucks that had a sticker price of $78k and $76k. Both had nice options, dual panoramic sunroof, the expensive Raptor decals, and one had the fancy tailgate step. I paid under MSRP for my Gladiator, but you’d be hard pressed to find a similar deal on a new Raptor. For its have cost me $20k more for a Raptor with comparable options to my Gladiator.

Good info thank you. I haven't even bothered to look a JT but I am going to take a look. So a JT is capable off towing a JKU on a flatbed comfortably?

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Good info thank you. I haven't even bothered to look a JT but I am going to take a look. So a JT is capable off towing a JKU on a flatbed comfortably?

An unmodified stock JKU on a light weight trailer, sure. But who wants to tow that. As soon as you build up a Jeep and push 6k, it’s too heavy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

I pondered it before I bought my Ram. There was just way too much potential to start another build on that platform. I don’t think I would have left it stock for long and that would have cut into the Jeep budget

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I'm with you there. My buddies have a lot of money in their Raptors as well. I have a lot I want to do to my jeep still and can see the Raptor sucking some of that up.

Top Bottom