VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Dawn of a New Age

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for bringing us along. Congrats on the new Jeep. Nice to see a salesman that actually has some product knowledge.

Funny you would say as much. I totally agree that Jeff knew a thing or two and much to my surprise. Other salesmen I've dealt with in the past have been painful to listen to. :crazyeyes:

I’m sure the hard top is coming off, soon! Nice video. Thank you! You made me go to Jeep’s website and build one.

LOL!! Too funny :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was surprised by that too. At first I thought you told him what to say.

LOL!! It's funny because I had asked him if he could walk us through the JL and tell us about it and his initial response was, "you probably know more about it than he does" :crazyeyes:

Taz81

Congrats, Loving to looks. Fenders are eh to me but rest of him looks great. Can't wait to see what You & Cindy do to him and watch as he grows.

benatc1

Hooked
Great video, nice to see more features and get good info. I really was impressed by how much he knew, might have to take a trip to carson when the time comes for me to make it happen, working on inception with Alex right now, so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

Along for the ride

Congratulations Jet Li, you landed yourself two of the best parents a Jeep could possibly wish for:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats, Loving to looks. Fenders are eh to me but rest of him looks great. Can't wait to see what You & Cindy do to him and watch as he grows.

I can almost guarantee that even the fenders will grow on you. :crazyeyes:

Great video, nice to see more features and get good info. I really was impressed by how much he knew, might have to take a trip to carson when the time comes for me to make it happen, working on inception with Alex right now, so far so good.

LOL! :thumb:

Congratulations Jet Li, you landed yourself two of the best parents a Jeep could possibly wish for:rock:

Why thank you :D

Ddays

Hooked
Cool thread. Looking forward to following along. Jeep did a very nice job with this model of the Wrangler. Refreshing to see that they took the upgrade so seriously. My one and only real issue with the JL is that I'd hate like Hell to start tearing things out and apart in that interior - its so nice! :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool thread. Looking forward to following along. Jeep did a very nice job with this model of the Wrangler. Refreshing to see that they took the upgrade so seriously. My one and only real issue with the JL is that I'd hate like Hell to start tearing things out and apart in that interior - its so nice! :cheesy:

LOL!! Couldn't agree more regarding the interior. We like it so much, I just ordered a pet cover for the rear seat and this is something we've never done before. :crazyeyes:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Really exciting times. Nothing better than a brand new project on what you guys are passionate about. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing and learning about Jet Li and his progress.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
LOL!! Couldn't agree more regarding the interior. We like it so much, I just ordered a pet cover for the rear seat and this is something we've never done before. :crazyeyes:

Had a chance to try that heated steering wheel out yet? :brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really exciting times. Nothing better than a brand new project on what you guys are passionate about. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing and learning about Jet Li and his progress.[emoji106]

Oh yeah, super excited! I think you'll be wanting one soon too ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Had a chance to try that heated steering wheel out yet? :brows:

:cheesy: As a matter of fact... on our maiden voyage, I started getting hot and ended up turning on the AC. Sure, it was warm for February but there's no way it was that hot out. After a while, I realized that even with the AC on, my ass was getting super hot and the steering wheel was too and then I realized, the heater for both must be on. Fortunately, turning them off was easy enough thought. Fast forward to the next day - same thing happened, my ass started getting hot as well as the steering wheel but I know I turned the heaters off so it was weird. After giving things a closer look, I found that there's a setting where you can have both turn on automatically on start up. :doh: :crazyeyes: :D

Ddays

Hooked
:cheesy: As a matter of fact... on our maiden voyage, I started getting hot and ended up turning on the AC. Sure, it was warm for February but there's no way it was that hot out. After a while, I realized that even with the AC on, my ass was getting super hot and the steering wheel was too and then I realized, the heater for both must be on. Fortunately, turning them off was easy enough thought. Fast forward to the next day - same thing happened, my ass started getting hot as well as the steering wheel but I know I turned the heaters off so it was weird. After giving things a closer look, I found that there's a setting where you can have both turn on automatically on start up. :doh: :crazyeyes: :D

:cheesy: I've also found the newer seat heaters to be a little on the hot side for me. I usually turn it off after a short while. Funny - the steering wheel heater is usually warm enough that it compensates. When its in the single digits, man it's great!

KICKROX

Very cool guys! congrats.. I'm sure you know but the USB port he was referring to is the new USB Type C port which is a new Micro USB port. I know the new GoPro Cameras are using that cable now.

Woverland

Your dealer is a good one- when we were traveling out that way a couple of years ago, 2012 JKUR developed serious Death Wobble. 2500 miles from home they took us in late Saturday morning, put on a new track bar and checked the toe for not much more $ than the parts would have cost me!
Even so- may the new JL spend as little time there as possible!

JKbrick

Lol, our Grand does that on remote starts only and my Ram does it automatically on any start under 40°. I probably missed it somewhere but does the hardtop come apart more than the jk? As in do the sides come off without the top

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom