Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

Warebear

Some nice trucks on here!! I was recently looking at some older diesel trucks (7.3 and 1st gen Cummins) to take me to work, pick up Jeep parts and stuff like that.
Any advice? I shied away from the 7.3 after reading a lot of people having a list of things that have to be replaced, i.e. Lifter pump and such. I just want a simple workhorse.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Some nice trucks on here!! I was recently looking at some older diesel trucks (7.3 and 1st gen Cummins) to take me to work, pick up Jeep parts and stuff like that.
Any advice? I shied away from the 7.3 after reading a lot of people having a list of things that have to be replaced, i.e. Lifter pump and such. I just want a simple workhorse.

The 7.3 is a badass motor that keep going if kept maintained. The 5.9 Cummins is also a great motor. Any vehicle with time/miles has it's each unique issues over time as things wear, but both motors are solid.

JamesCo

I have over 240,000 on my '01 7.3. I've only replaced 1 cam sensor, a hi pressure oil pump and just now doing injectors. It has always ran strong. I've decided that instead of buying a new truck, at over $25,000 more than what I payed for mine in '01, I would just upgrade a few things and keep her.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I've had a couple tow rigs. My 6.0 towed way better than my 7.3 did. But now I wish I had either one because now a days I have a 1500 Silverado. Gets the job done but a little rough at times. IMG_4118.JPG IMG_4120.JPG IMG_2310.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My tow rig, nothing to tow yet but planning on getting a trailer in the future. I've always liked Ram Trucks and I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the '06 with a HEMI.
IMG_2530.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My tow rig, nothing to tow yet but planning on getting a trailer in the future. I've always liked Ram Trucks and I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the '06 with a HEMI.
View attachment 243937

Nice! I didn't know you had this. I too like RAM trucks a lot but people sure are in love with them. At least, more times than not, they seem to be way over priced... to me anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I hadn't posted up a pic of our new rig and so, here it is.

20170209162950-39c5fa44-me.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nice! I didn't know you had this. I too like RAM trucks a lot but people sure are in love with them. At least, more times than not, they seem to be way over priced... to me anyway.

Thanks. It's treated me well so far it's more of a work truck for now helps with all the projects I do. Over priced for sure! Not sure why :thinking:

Top Bottom