Digital SLR

TheStick

It's hard finding a lens that will work with the D3000, since it is a lower line Nikon.

Every Nikon mount lens out there will work with it no problem at all. From an old manual focus lens to the newest latest and greatest they just released. One great thing about Nikon, they have not changed their lens mount forever, so there is some awesome bargain glass out there.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have a D80 which has worked flawlessly for the past 5 or 6 years. As someone else stated though its all about the lenses. I own a few which cost more than the camera body its self and can take a better photo than a camera with nearly double the megapixels.

Big thing I'd that a lot of the dslr cameras are going to take some post processing if you don't have your white balance contrast etc set properly on the camera its self.

I would also invest in a decent flash because the built in on most of these is functional but won't give great pics.

Cajun JK

I have the Nikon 200mm lens now. Which lens would be good to get a more close up picture, or is there something else out that will work?

dinojeep

We just got the d5200. I like it so far, but I'm no pro. The lense is the important part of these dslr cameras.
Nikon and cannon, its just preference. Spend some time doing research and compare the features that are important to you and the kind of photos you want to take. Go handle them both and see what feels good.
I like the WiFi adaptor for the 5200. It makes getting pictures onto your smart phone and tablet very easy.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I bought a Nikon D90 or something like that at Costco a while back. Came with a body, two lenses, a bag and a bunch of other crap. Works great! Takes great pictures too! Here is my opinion on cameras...buy something you want to lug around. It was fun at first to have a camera and lenses to swap out and I took a bunch of photos that I enjoy having. I played around with all the settings at first and now, when I use it, I just leave it on "auto." I don't have time to figure out the proper f-stop, aperture setting, lighting etc. My life is "point and shoot." Unless you have a lot of fee time, find a camera that does THAT well! We just got back from a 3 week trip to hawaii and I took a small waterproof fuji camera that I bought for under $200 and it works just as good for my needs AND it fits in my pocket. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I bought a Nikon D90 or something like that at Costco a while back. Came with a body, two lenses, a bag and a bunch of other crap. Works great! Takes great pictures too! Here is my opinion on cameras...buy something you want to lug around. It was fun at first to have a camera and lenses to swap out and I took a bunch of photos that I enjoy having. I played around with all the settings at first and now, when I use it, I just leave it on "auto." I don't have time to figure out the proper f-stop, aperture setting, lighting etc. My life is "point and shoot." Unless you have a lot of fee time, find a camera that does THAT well! We just got back from a 3 week trip to hawaii and I took a small waterproof fuji camera that I bought for under $200 and it works just as good for my needs AND it fits in my pocket. :yup:

How's your lens? :cheesy:

Tackerdown

Banned
Just curious would I notice a big dif. Between the Tameron 70 300 and the Nikon 70 300. Reason I ask, my full zoom shots seem grainy if you try to zoom in during the preview.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Krieger

Just curious would I notice a big dif. Between the Tameron 70 300 and the Nikon 70 300. Reason I ask, my full zoom shots seem grainy if you try to zoom in during the preview.

I would say so Tameron lenses
Don't have high quality glass. When I had one I hated it. I went and bought a 70-200 2.8 and yea it was as much as the camera the quality is insane.

Tackerdown

Banned
I would say so Tameron lenses
Don't have high quality glass. When I had one I hated it. I went and bought a 70-200 2.8 and yea it was as much as the camera the quality is insane.

Thanks I wasnt sure on the quality dif. But when I used it I was thinking wow that's really bad. I was trying to put a kit together at a price , well I payed the price I guess. I didnt have another few k for a good 70 300 so I settled. I guess its worth the money I spent though.

TheStick

I will add though, third part glass can be good. Sigma, Tamron, etc.

But like all, focal length doesn't tell the whole story. The 70-200 2.8 mentioned is a great piece of glass, but also in a whole different category.

Top Bottom