Rubicon Trail - September 17 -20, 2017

Kenthejeepguy

Somehow I got it in my head we're starting Sunday morning, so I'll be doing Deer Valley Tr Sunday (so out of cell service) and driving to Loon Lake Sun evening. Here's my two rigs:
IMG_4110.JPG
IMG_3993.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Buster3479

I regret and am very sad to finally admit that we have too many Jeep problems to make this or the Exodus. Despite a year of planning and modding in preparation, there's just too much wrong with Beast to drive it from Maryland, and we don't have a tow rig. Nobody regrets the result more than I, but I made some poor choices this year with the mods that I chose to take on. I had a perfectly running Jeep in January, and it has gone downhill as I spend more and more money on it.

Mizippi

I regret and am very sad to finally admit that we have too many Jeep problems to make this or the Exodus. Despite a year of planning and modding in preparation, there's just too much wrong with Beast to drive it from Maryland, and we don't have a tow rig. Nobody regrets the result more than I, but I made some poor choices this year with the mods that I chose to take on. I had a perfectly running Jeep in January, and it has gone downhill as I spend more and more money on it.

Sucks! Fly out to Reno and you can ride along. :)

Mizippi

IMG_4236.jpg

More details to come, but we are all on our way home/to other trails.

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)

Mizippi

You guys gotta post pictures! I'll be doing it next week.

Will do. Need to filter thru the hundreds of photos and videos we took.

Have fun....it's EPIC! I mean every time you think that was great there can't be any more there is more!

We went west to east in 1.5 days. We left the damn at 8am Monday morning, we stayed at rubicon springs, and were at the east side staging area by noon. If I was to do it again I would have stayed near the beginning of old sluice box and run it twice. Once during the day and once after dinner (it's not easy!).

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Will do. Need to filter thru the hundreds of photos and videos we took.

Have fun....it's EPIC! I mean every time you think that was great there can't be any more there is more!

We went west to east in 1.5 days. We left the damn at 8am Monday morning, we stayed at rubicon springs, and were at the east side staging area by noon. If I was to do it again I would have stayed near the beginning of old sluice box and run it twice. Once during the day and once after dinner (it's not easy!).

That's what we're doing. Camping a night at loon, camping a night at buck island and then a night at rubicon springs

Kenthejeepguy

IMG_4316.JPG Wonderful trip on the Rubicon Trail with a great group of Wayalife folks who started Monday as strangers, but by Tuesday afternoon, after miles of grueling trail and helping each other, now some new friends!

Renzo1200

Great group of guys. Wish I could've made it all the way thru and seen the rest of the trail. I fortunately made my way back to Placerville and back home to SoCal. Many thanks to Mizzipi and the rest of the gang for helping me limp out of there. Happy you guys got thru. Congrats!

Mizippi

Great group of guys. Wish I could've made it all the way thru and seen the rest of the trail. I fortunately made my way back to Placerville and back home to SoCal. Many thanks to Mizzipi and the rest of the gang for helping me limp out of there. Happy you guys got thru. Congrats!

No problem!! Happy to do it

Top Bottom