My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Did you order that magnaflow turndown or go a different route?

I went with the Summit Racing Turndown exhaust tip. They were about the same dimensions but I liked the looks of the Summit one better. Summit part number SUM-691200. The entire kit runs $300 without tax.

Let's hope it all fits, right?

Blackhawkip

Several questions about fumes were asked but I didn't find someone answering them. Anyone with the setup with the exit prior to the axle have any issues with fumes inside? How is the setup after install? Any further insights from those who did it?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Several questions about fumes were asked but I didn't find someone answering them. Anyone with the setup with the exit prior to the axle have any issues with fumes inside? How is the setup after install? Any further insights from those who did it?

I have never had any issues nor have I heard of anyone else having issues with fumes into the cabin. The setup is really nice. I love the sound. I can now have a conversation with my wife while on the freeway.

The only thing I want to do is change the turn down tip and see if that will mount at the stock muffler hanger location that is located close to the rear axle. In this writeup, there was the use of a FlowMax turn down tip I think and so I would like to try a different approach, one that does not require rewelding the mounts, a complete one stop install setup. Don't get me wrong, this writeup is REALLY great, but I think that if you are missing a part or two, the whole system falls apart (literally). I just ended up going with a whole bunch of brackets and stuff from my local auto parts store.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I haven't had any issues with fumes in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

No isssues with fumes at all for me. The only time that may even happen is if you are sitting idling with the windows open and it is completely still out. It's pretty much a non issue to me. When rock crawling or going slow there is typically enough air flow outside to disperse the fumes.

Blackhawkip

No isssues with fumes at all for me. The only time that may even happen is if you are sitting idling with the windows open and it is completely still out. It's pretty much a non issue to me. When rock crawling or going slow there is typically enough air flow outside to disperse the fumes.

Thanks for the reply. Great write up. I need to sell my flat fenders then I can do this mod. It never ends!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
checking back in as this thread was up on the news feed... anyone have any luck tracking down magnaflows part number for the turn down tip?

JES

Too bad Magnaflow doesn't list part numbers for each components in there kit install instructions like dynomax. I know for a JKU the kit with the turn down outlet pipe is part number 17143. I tried to ask a question to Magnaflow, but yet to get a response.

I have the rockcrawler kit and added in the parts for the quietcrawler kit, muffler and resonator. That kept the magnaflow tailpipe after the resonator. I'm liking this setup much better.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
checking back in as this thread was up on the news feed... anyone have any luck tracking down magnaflows part number for the turn down tip?

Mine isn't that pretty, but in post 45, I showed where I cut off an elbow, I picked up at Autozone. It works, but could look better. I only had a 4.5" grinder with a cutoff wheel to do it.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Mine isn't that pretty, but in post 45, I showed where I cut off an elbow, I picked up at Autozone. It works, but could look better. I only had a 4.5" grinder with a cutoff wheel to do it.

yeah, I saw your hack job! ;) :bleh:

so... about them magnaflow part digits... :cheesy: :dont_tell:

Top Bottom