Email unsubscribe

bhaner

Heck, I am still trying to figure out how to subscribe! LOL!

I thought I had all the settings correct. But I still don't get any post or PM notification emails.

I started a thread about it a few years back. But no luck.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Heck, I am still trying to figure out how to subscribe! LOL!

I thought I had all the settings correct. But I still don't get any post or PM notification emails.

I started a thread about it a few years back. But no luck.

I think you have to do it in desktop view.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

weller12

How hard is it really to just go into your personal email and mark it as junk...I mean it is 2020...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Primo82

Caught the Bug
LOL - who knew that getting emails from us would get someone's panties in such a twist? Here's a PM that I got from a mechjk43 today.

To that, all I can say is that I really am sorry for how difficult it is to unsubscribe. If it were up to me, I would have this fixed ASAP but unfortunately, migrating a database as big as ours to something new would be difficult at best. Also, doing so would end our app and of course, there's the issue of cost. I hope the rest of you can be understanding of this.

I'm guessing the twatnozzle spent more time typing that email message out than it took him to unsubscribe. Just a guess...

Primo82

Caught the Bug
That is how I normally access the forum. Using firefox on a desktop computer.

Unless "Desktop View" means something else... :idontknow:

If you are accessing from a desktop/laptop browser the forum should default to 'desktop view'. If you're accessing from a smartphone and possible some tablets it may go into the 'smartphone view' or whatever the hell they call it. You can still opt into 'desktop view'. It's usually in the menu (3 bar menu) or at the bottom of the page.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
That is how I normally access the forum. Using firefox on a desktop computer.

Unless "Desktop View" means something else... :idontknow:

Like so........

Attachments

• 5AC1A5BF-A8FC-4836-B147-14BF952ABC66.jpeg
    5AC1A5BF-A8FC-4836-B147-14BF952ABC66.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 5E895212-2BA3-4ADD-B305-25C15A0B004D.jpeg
    5E895212-2BA3-4ADD-B305-25C15A0B004D.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 3C43D21E-CFF3-4E05-AE77-EDAC53E2ED56.jpeg
    3C43D21E-CFF3-4E05-AE77-EDAC53E2ED56.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 75

Torrin

How hard is it really to just go into your personal email and mark it as junk...I mean it is 2020...

Actually, you do not want people marking these emails as spam or Google (and others) might get the idea the WAL is sending spam emails and start blacklisting the mail server Eddie uses. It is good practice to have a unsubscribe button on bottom of each email, but not required for WAL, since the user signed up and elected to receive emails from WAL. Since the person receiving the email doesn't want it likely doesn't even remember how they signed on, I sort of get them asking to have themselves unsubscribe, but bitching about it is pretty low class.The unsubscribe instructions are on each email. so there is little to bitch about imho. Even when I was inactive for several years, I enjoyed seeing what videos Eddie was doing and what was being pushed from the site. :)

bhaner

WAL is likely sending you the email and your service is throwing it into the spam bucket. I get mine all the time.

I thought that was the case as well.

I checked and all my spam filtering is off.

Even checked my online folders for any emails the client may have missed. Nothing. :idontknow:

Torrin

I thought that was the case as well.

I checked and all my spam filtering is off.

Even checked my online folders for any emails the client may have missed. Nothing. :idontknow:

Who do you use as an email provider? You can also ask Eddie to have the admins check to see if they see the email going out.

bhaner

Who do you use as an email provider? You can also ask Eddie to have the admins check to see if they see the email going out.

1and1.com. Now IONOS.com

I might try switching to my old hotmail account and see if that works.

Torrin

1and1.com. Now IONOS.com

I might try switching to my old hotmail account and see if that works.

Ya, or sign up for a gmail account and see if that works (I use gmail and have never had a problem). 1and1 is pretty bad imho.

Brute

Hooked
So that was my problem...I never really got a divorce, I just tried to unsubscribe from the marriage...

highoctane

Caught the Bug
LOL - who knew that getting emails from us would get someone's panties in such a twist? Here's a PM that I got from a mechjk43 today.

To that, all I can say is that I really am sorry for how difficult it is to unsubscribe. If it were up to me, I would have this fixed ASAP but unfortunately, migrating a database as big as ours to something new would be difficult at best. Also, doing so would end our app and of course, there's the issue of cost. I hope the rest of you can be understanding of this.

If mech43 struggles so much with unsubscribing from forum emails I question his ability as a “mech”.

weller12

Actually, you do not want people marking these emails as spam or Google (and others) might get the idea the WAL is sending spam emails and start blacklisting the mail server Eddie uses. It is good practice to have a unsubscribe button on bottom of each email, but not required for WAL, since the user signed up and elected to receive emails from WAL. Since the person receiving the email doesn't want it likely doesn't even remember how they signed on, I sort of get them asking to have themselves unsubscribe, but bitching about it is pretty low class.The unsubscribe instructions are on each email. so there is little to bitch about imho. Even when I was inactive for several years, I enjoyed seeing what videos Eddie was doing and what was being pushed from the site. :)

I’m just saying one schmuck can mark it as junk and move on instead of bitching about clicks on the computer. But yeah I hear ya. I’m thankful for the work Eddie and the mods do around here to keep it legit. Some guys just can’t be pleased

Top Bottom